Verandahs - difference btwn navigator's verandah and solid white wall verandah?

kdn hawaii

A "Navigator's Verandah" is basically like an enclosed porch with a big opening facing the sea, some of them round, some oval, depending on which ship you're on. A "solid white wall verandah" means that the area below the handrail on the open verandah is covered by a solid white wall. Regular verandahs have transparent plexiglass below the handrail.

The handrails are, I believe, 42" above the deck. Visibility over the handrail depends on your height, whether you are sitting or standing, etc. In a Navigator's verandah you pretty much have to be standing to see through the opening.

Is there a big difference between the Navigator's Verandah and the Solid white wall verandah, as far as visibility? Can you see over the top of the wall?

It also depends on which ship as the Navigators' Verandahs on the Dream and Fantasy have partial obstructions as opposed to having walled in/closed in verandahs. The closed in verandas with porthole types of openings are on the Magic and Wonder.

A "Navigator's Verandah" is basically like an enclosed porch with a big opening facing the sea, some of them round, some oval, depending on which ship you're on. A "solid white wall verandah" means that the area below the handrail on the open verandah is covered by a solid white wall. Regular verandahs have transparent plexiglass below the handrail.

The handrails are, I believe, 42" above the deck. Visibility over the handrail depends on your height, whether you are sitting or standing, etc. In a Navigator's verandah you pretty much have to be standing to see through the opening.

Thank you for the information!

It also depends on which ship as the Navigators' Verandahs on the Dream and Fantasy have partial obstructions as opposed to having walled in/closed in verandahs. The closed in verandas with porthole types of openings are on the Magic and Wonder.

Are the verandahs on the Wonder, enclosed? Is the porthole open or plexiglass?

Thanks!

Are the verandahs on the Wonder, enclosed? Is the porthole open or plexiglass?

Thanks!

The navigator verandahs on the Wonder are as described above, an enclosed porch with a large circular port hole (open) and built in benches on either side of the verandah. The regular verandahs are an open balcony type.

:)

The navigator verandahs on the Wonder are as described above, an enclosed porch with a large circular port hole (open) and built in benches on either side of the verandah. The regular verandahs are an open balcony type.

:)

thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

We've never been on a Disney Cruise. We alway had to have a balconey, because my husband smokes. I know that smoking is allowed on private balconies, but does that include the Navigator? (Please don't give me a hard time about my husband's smoking. He is 64 and he is not going to stop no matter how hard I beg. I am praying though and I would love for you to join me in that)

Archived