Request to Change Dining Once OnBoard

Pootimer

My party may want to change our dining choice from the early fixed time to "anytime". Is this a fairly simple process once we board the ship? Is dining room staff available during boarding time to assist with changes?

It's pretty simple to change if you want to wait till you boardl They will have a table setup in one of the dining rooms or speciality dining rooms to assist you. For us it has been around 1 or 2 pm. Ask when you get on board. Sometimes there is a wait so ask as soon as you board.

My party may want to change our dining choice from the early fixed time to "anytime". Is this a fairly simple process once we board the ship? Is dining room staff available during boarding time to assist with changes?
Going from Traditional Fixed seating to Anytime is easy - as chrysalis said, you can do it now, just by contacting your booking agent : TA or Princess.

It is going from Anytime to Traditional or changing Traditional seating time which will require you to check with the Maitre'D once onboard, as they will then know the seating availability in those venues. You don't really need to waste your on-board vacation time in a line when you want to go to Anytime.

If you are certain you want to change, then call your TA (if you have one) or Princess directly if you do not have a TA and make the change. It will be easy to switch to anytime. It is the traditional dining times that can have waitlists.

If you want to think about it a while and then switch after you board, there will be a time and a place to meet with the maitre d' to make this request on embarkation day. Sometimes the time and place is listed in the Princess Patter in your stateroom and other times it is not. If it is not listed, then just ask someone at the main dining room where to go and when. On my last cruises, the meeting has been in Sabatini's starting around noon-1 p.m.

I disagree with the prior poster that you need not bother to see the maitre d' onboard if switching to anytime. You do need to go. You need to get an anytime sticker put on your cruise card to get into the anytime dining room and you need to let them know you will no longer be using your table in traditional dining.

Thanks Everyone for your help.

Our TA mistakenly changed some of our group's dining time; we need to dine at the same time. However, they are now waitlisted for our time, so we'll see what happens. If they are unable to obtain our dining time, they will have to be anytime diners. It's not a problem, but my husband and I will then cancel our reserved time and join them.

As others have said it is no problem changing from traditional to anytime. We changed the last 2 cruises to anytime and went to see the maitre d personally and he changed it in the computer but did nothing with adding a sticker to our card. We had no issue with them questionning us about our card reading early sitting.

We were on a cruise with a group of ten. Some of them booked late and couldn't get a tradtional dining assignment. The fist night on board we spoke with the maitre'd and were assigned a permanent table for ten at 6:00 p.m. every night in the fixed-dining room. Some nights we laughed and talked, and ate, of course, for as long as four hours so I guess that no one else was assigned to that table for late dining. :)

Archived