Group cruise benefits

kcbmarek

Has anyone booked using Carnival's "group" benefits and if so, what were the benefits of booking as a group versus individually? We are trying to get all of my husband's brothers with their families and his parents together for a "reunion" and I just saw Carnival had a "group rate".

Any comments or ideas welcome.

Group rates are usually more expensive. Group rates usually don't qualify for price drops. Group rates usually include some benefits to include 1 free berth, group pictures, etc.

The problem most have is the same when you have a party at home. 50 percent or more will drop out at last minute.

If you do decide to go this way, let a TA handle it. It can only cause dissention, especially with family.

There are no real "benefits" if you book with Carnival other than for every 8 cabins booked (double occupancy) you can get a free berth (passenger) or it's equivalent.

I have heard about others using a TA and getting other real perks, such as a small reception, bottles of wine, cocktail hour etc.

Archived