Thinking of booking Oasis of Seas...

angelndscz

I have only been on one cruise which was the Carnival Sensation. I am thinking of booking the Oasis of the Seas. The hubby wasn't able to make the other cruise. On that cruise it was me and 3 of the 4 kids, our friends and their two kids.

Wouldn't you know I just moved to a new town and the local welcome committee came and gave me a lot of local area items and coupons. One was for a travel agent with a $150 off Oasis of the Seas. Now to convince the hubby as he thinks we should just fly to Cancun and stay in an all inclusive resort instead. I am thinking of going for the husband's birthday the first week of December 2013. This gives us time to plan and save up. I just asked the older boys if they would want to go and both said no. So this means we can get by with ONE room! LOL. My kids are currently 20, 18, 10, and 9. So if we go Dec-13 the kids we would take would be girl 10 and boy 11 (one month shy of 12). I had a balcony room on Carnival Sensation and can't imagine having an interior so another balcony would be what I would want.

Would you go with a TA or book directly? I have stuck primary to the Carnival board but will start reading here as well.

I need to start researching what rooms and deck plans would work best for us. I would also love for my sisiter-in-law and her grandkids to come with us. We live in Florida so sister-in-law has visited with the grandkids before and we took them to Disney.

Just off Oasis last week with my husband and 2 teenagers. We had

a Boardwalk balcony and LOVED it. The ship and shows were incredible.

This was our 2nd time on this ship and it was just as amazing as the 1st time. There is SO much to do with kids and teens AND adults. I would DEF

go on this ship!!!!!!!!!!!

1. Older kids want to stay home while parents are away. To them, may seem more appealing then being on a cruise w/ them! Old trick, watch out - (just kidding.)

2. If you go to the travel agent and make arrangements, and present the coupon, will probrably not get any On Board Credit (OBC). Also, this may be the cap you can get off of a purchase (ie. specific sailings, rooms.) Call up this agent, tell them the exact room and sailing you are looking at, residency, ages, additional discounts you may be eligible for (military, law enforcement, teacher, etc.) and see what they price you at. Also look at the travel site often allured to / mentioned here on Cruise Critic, and call the line directly. give them all the same info and room request, and go with what suits your final dollar.

3. The Oasis can not be compared to the last ship you sailed. Sure it was a wonderful time, seemed big, wonderful food, etc. but you will immediately see the differences.

Archived