Best Prices

Cricket1997

Gosh, this is a tough question. From the posts I've read on other message boards, it's a lot like airline tickets. It seems like every passenger is paying a different price.

From our experience, we paid the most when booking directly through Disney Cruise Line. With AAA we got a small shipboard credit and free refillable soft drink mugs (a $140 cost at the time, although sodas now are mostly free). We booked a Carnival cruise at the last minute in 12/03 at http://www.*****.com and got a deep discount -- about 65% off list price. Our next Disney cruise is booked through Dreams Unlimited, and it's an expensive cruise -- a two-week for 4 people. I'm not sure how much we're saving.

I'm sorry it's not much help -- the best I can advise is contacting travel agents and websites and compare...

Karen

Wonder 11/01

Magic 3/02

Magic 11/02

Carnival Destiny 12/03

Booked on Magic Eastbound Panama Canal 8/05

• 3 weeks later...

the lowest price we found for a February 2006 Disney cruise was through southwest.com

Disney cruises certainly don't fluctuate much in price. I have done a lot of Carnivals and an NCL, there is a lot greater price difference available for other line like those. And the Disney cruises do sell out fast. I hope it is worth it - they are pretty expensive. But with good reviews.

And any cruise in February will be great.

Good luck

We chose the May 13 cruise (eastern) we asked for 4 quotes:

Disney

Small World

micdan travel

local agent

micdan was our lowest quote by $500 - I went on a long shot and called this agent I knew nothing about but read a brief post on disboard about. we have worked with Dana who has been great! We are a party of 9

I have found that the email quote system that Dreams Unlimited utilizes is not a very efficient system so I didn't ask for a quote from them but I have ready they have some good rates on occasion.

Best of luck.

Hi, Cricket1997. What is the best price have you found so far for per person/double occupancy for a Category 11?

Ray

Hi, Ray!!!

Crystal, I know that some diehard Disney fans will be on that sailing for "Mousefest 2005" - and MouseEarVacations has very good rates for that cruise. You'll have to do a Google search to find them, cuz I don't think I am allowed to give you a link to their site.

• 1 month later...

I checked Disney, Southwest and Buycruises.com and the latter one had the best rate for my cruise. No perks but the savings was about $90. for a single. This is or the 4 night Wonder cruise. Incidentally, the rate is cheaper than doing Carnival's 4-day Triumph cruise to Canada. Didn't think I'd see DCL asking less than CCL!

TRY *****.com - it is a reverse auction where we specify the cruise line, cabin catagory and number of passengers - plus any other relevant details - BUT NOT OUR NAMES - and many travel agents see our request and submit secret bids for your business. It is great for identfying a competitive rate.

Following this - In all fairness I would give YOUR otherwise favorite TA a chance to bid for the business too - or the site sponsor. Aside from that - I personally have used many of the popular sites - including many of the TAs mentioned above.

Good luck getting your best deal!

Archived