Private Guide Puerto Madryn

cruisesusie

We used Forastero tours. http://www.forasterotour.com.ar/excursion2.html# They did a great job. Some of the pages on their website can be turned into English, but not all of them. Just send them an email and they can help you out. You can see what we did on our tour with them in our South America Cruise review on our website www.thepreismans.com.

Such a shame that HAL are calling here now instead of the Falklands - due to weather they say - when reading between the lines it is due purely to Argentina's political stance on the Islands! HAL are also very tardy at telling their 'guests' of the change in itinerary.............

Not happy as this WAS to have been a highlight of the entire South American trip.

Such a shame that HAL are calling here now instead of the Falklands - due to weather they say - when reading between the lines it is due purely to Argentina's political stance on the Islands! HAL are also very tardy at telling their 'guests' of the change in itinerary.............

Not happy as this WAS to have been a highlight of the entire South American trip.

Punta Tombo is a very nice place to visit while at Puerto Madryn. I am sure that the Falklands are nicer; but I read too many trip reports about the port being missed due to weather and bad seas.

Punta Tombo is a very nice place to visit while at Puerto Madryn. I am sure that the Falklands are nicer; but I read too many trip reports about the port being missed due to weather and bad seas.

We used Forestero as well but not to visit Punta Tombo - we went to Peninsula Valdes as we had arranged to see penguins in Ushuaia. The company was good.

Thanks Mike and Aussieflyer for the info on Forastero - I'll contact them. Aussie - we're also planning on visiting Peninsula Valdes - any tips for that area? How long did it take to get there?

Thanks,

Susan

If you are thinking about this for March 25th Star Princess cruise, there are already 7 of us booked on the Forestero excursion to Valdes Peninsula (and 5 others have expressed interest). The excursion is for 11 to 22 people. Letitia at Forastero is the person you would need to contact for a reservation. I am keeping track of who/cabin numbers are on this excursion.

Archived