Shuttle Service on MEd cruises

KathyPet

Venice-yes but boat only takes you to St. Marks Square. You can walk to the people mover cost about 1 euro then buy a 24 hour boat pass and ride all over Venice and get off where ever you want.

Kotor don't need one tenders let you off right across the street from the center of town.

Dubrovnik you can catch public transportation right next to the gate for the pier. Only cost a few euros round trip as opposed to I think $12 us. Don't forget your passport when leaving the ship. You can also walk I would say it maybe is around 1 1/2 miles to the town. (might have distance wrong but we walked it no trouble. Up a hill and then down a hill.)

Naples depends on where you want to go. We walked to the train station (early in the am) took train to Pompeii. You can also get a boat to Capri by walking to the pier right next to where the ship docks.

I really don't think there is much in the city center to see and I believe that Naples is a pretty rough town. Would be careful walking around.

Don't expect Celebrity to tell you about any public transportation option. They will try to sell you their shuttles. They never come right out and tell you yes there is public transportation but they won't tell you no. Do your research before you go, we have found in most European cities with the exception of St. Petersburg(because of the visa) you can use public transportation to get around. Even if you don't speak the language.

For Dubrovnik it depends if you are docked or tender, we have had both. The docks are about a 15 minute ride away, and it was a 'pay for' shuttle ride.

Don't forget to take your passport with you, you will be turned off the bus at the dock gates!

Richard

Archived