How Many Formal Nights?

Shebba

Prepare yourselves. I'm getting WAY excited about our upcoming cruise and I will probably drive you nuts with silly questions. But, here it is!!

How many formal nights will there be on a 37 day cruise? We've never been on a cruise longer than 10 days, so don't really know what to expect. Once a week? More?

How trusting are you of laundry sent out? I have "delicates" that I'm worried about trusting to strangers, but really don't want to do hand wash and have to hang things all over the cabin. I know, weird, but it's very personal to me.

Basically, will be packing for 2 climates--warm tropical and coolish. Layers? DH and I are not known for "light-packing". This will be a challenge!!

TIA for any helpful suggestions, advice.

Rule of thumb for HAL cruises has been two formal nights per week but there seems to be a trend to having fewer. It would previously have been about 10 formal nights for your cruise but the way the pattern seems to be emerging, I would guess it will be closer to 8 formal nights.

Do LBD's and mix up the accessories. :D

Add a shrug or wrap or different 'bling'.

Or do some separates you can mix around...... evening pants with a few different tops.

Oh come on now!! Don't discourage a girl from shopping!! :D

How trusting are you of laundry sent out? I have "delicates" that I'm worried about trusting to strangers, but really don't want to do hand wash and have to hang things all over the cabin. I know, weird, but it's very personal to me.

:confused: I am sorry, I can't help with your question as the longest cruise that we have been on was 15 days with 4 Formal nights. I also can't help you with the laundry, but I have heard wonderful things about it. BUT, I have a question for you...Personally, the last thing that I would send out for laundry is "delicates", if it is personal to you "How could you even consider sending them out to be cleaned by strangers?". I have hand washed mine and hung them in the shower until we leave then move them into a closet to hang dry while I am gone. Have a great trip, it sounds amazing.

Doh!! I hadn't even thought about hanging them in the closet. That pretty much solves my dilemma, as I didn't want them hanging out for stewards eyes, either. Thanks so much. Sometimes the simplest solution is right in front of me and can't be seen. YAY!!:)

Oh come on now!! Don't discourage a girl from shopping!! :D

:D Exactly, I just did some major shopping for our Panama Canal cruise in April. :D You can buy enough "delicates" and not have to worry about laundry. OR...did you know there is disposible undies available?? Our friends from New Zealand use them when they travel....interesting.....:eek:

Doh!! I hadn't even thought about hanging them in the closet. That pretty much solves my dilemma, as I didn't want them hanging out for stewards eyes, either. Thanks so much. Sometimes the simplest solution is right in front of me and can't be seen. YAY!!:)

:D YAY, Happy that I could help!!!!

:D Exactly, I just did some major shopping for our Panama Canal cruise in April. :D You can buy enough "delicates" and not have to worry about laundry. OR...did you know there is disposible undies available?? Our friends from New Zealand use them when they travel....interesting.....:eek:

LOL Paper undies. Interesting. Not sure I'm liking that idea. But, you very nicely solved my problem just with the simple solution of hanging things in the closet. Duh!

BTW: Have a great time In Panama Canal. We did that in November and it was awesome!

Archived