Annual Travel Insurance??

The Old Fogies

Seeing that my 3 cruises in 2013 will be costing us $1,800 in insurance costs, does anyone know if there is such a thing as ANNUAL Travel Insurance that would cover us the same as, say, Princess' travel insurance or Uniworld's???

I did call one company but didn't get a straight answer so if anyone carries annual travel insurance, please let us know the name of the company. We are US citizens.

Thanks!

Karen

Seeing that my 3 cruises in 2013 will be costing us $1,800 in insurance costs, does anyone know if there is such a thing as ANNUAL Travel Insurance that would cover us the same as, say, Princess' travel insurance or Uniworld's???

I did call one company but didn't get a straight answer so if anyone carries annual travel insurance, please let us know the name of the company. We are US citizens.

Thanks!

Karen

Here's some general info on why these types of plans aren't more commonly available

http://www.travelinsurancebasics.com/annual.php

....once again this is merely the effect of the lobby of the U.S. insurance industry playing on the adrenalin of the U.S. traveler -- we will cover more for your single trips -- and will charge you more as well.

Here in Europe, annual plans are common, and only cost about 125 - 200 euros per person depending upon age.

The one we have (policy written for residents in Spain) covers unlimited cancellation, unlimited medical, etc. See http://www.insurancebookers.es, click on English, and click on policy terms in English (Platino coverage).

Very inexpensive and the surprise of the matter is the insurance company is Chartis, which is actually Travel Guard.

Doesn't seem right that Travel Guard can't or won't issue a comprehensive policy in its home market in the United States at a reasonable price, but will do so in the European market.

Kind regards,

Gunther and Uta

....once again this is merely the effect of the lobby of the U.S. insurance industry playing on the adrenalin of the U.S. traveler -- we will cover more for your single trips -- and will charge you more as well.

Here in Europe, annual plans are common, and only cost about 125 - 200 euros per person depending upon age.

The one we have (policy written for residents in Spain) covers unlimited cancellation, unlimited medical, etc. See www.insurancebookers.es, click on English, and click on policy terms in English (Platino coverage).

Very inexpensive and the surprise of the matter is the insurance company is Chartis, which is actually Travel Guard.

Doesn't seem right that Travel Guard can't or won't issue a comprehensive policy in its home market in the United States at a reasonable price, but will do so in the European market.

Kind regards,

Gunther and Uta

What about the cost of the covered trip? There are people who's average trip costs are $10,000.00 or more. If someone has multiple trips planned for the year, what exactly will any insurer cover for $125.00 - $200.00? $30,000.00 vacation reimbursement?

• 2 weeks later...

I was looking for the same information as we have a trip to Asia planned for November and a just booked a Mediterranean cruise for May 2013. I was hoping to get a yearly plan but that article did not look too promising.

Anyone have other information please and thank you?

Archived