New Carnival Legends Show

Jana60

Jan, you have a very nice voice and I hope someday to hear you in person... I appreciate what getting up in front of an audience is like and the gigs I do (book reviews and workshops) seldom top 75 people.

I would be much more afraid to talk infront of people than to sing. Thats why I can't act. I get so nervous when speaking that in order to say a prayer out loud at church I have to write down notes on a card! :o

It's unfortunate that, as a result of Carnival's cutbacks, we no longer have good entertainment with professional (i.e. celebrity) entertainers. Instead, we now have the "Legends" show, comprised of passengers that, with rare exception, have little or no singing talent. We first experienced this new concept on our recent cruise on the Liberty. The singing was so awful, I thought my ears were going to bleed!:eek: That's about an hour of cruise time I'll never get back! What's next, replace the chefs with someone's grandma and her Betty Crocker cookbook? Maybe if everyone boycotted the "Legends" shows, Carnival would realize their mistake and bring back some good, professional entertainment. JMHO.

Well said . . . excellent post.

It's unfortunate that, as a result of Carnival's cutbacks, we no longer have good entertainment with professional (i.e. celebrity) entertainers. Instead, we now have the "Legends" show, comprised of passengers that, with rare exception, have little or no singing talent. We first experienced this new concept on our recent cruise on the Liberty. The singing was so awful, I thought my ears were going to bleed!:eek: That's about an hour of cruise time I'll never get back! What's next, replace the chefs with someone's grandma and her Betty Crocker cookbook? Maybe if everyone boycotted the "Legends" shows, Carnival would realize their mistake and bring back some good, professional entertainment. JMHO.

Just so you know Carnival has always had some sort of guest talent show on there ships. They have always had only 2 production shows on 7 day cruises they are on what used to be formal nights. They have always had the welcome aboard show, one night has always been a lido deck party. What they have gotten rid of or at least cut back on the the fly on entertainment like the magic, and juggler shows they kept the comedians and just pack the crowds in the back show room instead leaving them in the main showroom so everyone could enjoy the shows when they want and not have to stand in line for a half hour or more just to get in. I am sure I missed a lot but I am tired and can't think well now.

I love the Carnival Legends show! I'm not a performer, but as far as audience entertainment I thought it was hysterical. The best performers weren't the people that had the best voice, but were the people who gave it their all and totally went for it! I appreciate that there is some variety instead of seeing the same dancers do routines to music every night. It isn't like this is EVERY night. To all those that have performed, thank you! It takes courage to go out there and you made my cruise better :)

I agree! This is the first time I had gone to the Legends show last Saturday night on the Freedom. All the singers were not the greatest but they put their hearts into it and it was enjoyable. Sometimes hysterical, especially when Jacque DeLange was Dolly Parton!

Quite honestly they were as enjoyable as the Marcus Anthony show. CCL paid all that money to fly him in and the first show was a half hour long. He said the next show would be all different and asked everyone to come back and I heard it was the same show. I definitely do not feel like CCl got their monies worth on hiring him.

By the way, our 8 day cruise had 3 CCL shows, Ticket to Ride, Jump, Jive and Wail and the Big Easy. There were 2 guest show, Marcus Anthony and the welcome aboard show and one night with no show but the comedians were available that night and we were in Curacao until 11 PM. I felt like there was enough entertainment.

I'm glad some of you are like me and enjoy Carnival's entertainment. :) Fortunately for the others there are many other cruise lines to choose from. :p I guess Ive been lucky on my Carnival cruises as there have always been plenty of shows. On my last Carnival cruise (a 5 day on Triumph) they had a show every night. Although 1 of those shows was the guest talent show, on another night they had a midnight Burlesque show which sort of made up the show count if you don't count us non-professionals. For any who think I'm exagerating they had the following shows in addition to the comedy club and all the other entertainment on my 5 day cruise:

Day 1) "Welcome Aboard Show"

Day 2) "Wonderful World"

Day 3) "Showcase of the Stars" - the passenger talent show

Day 4) "New Wave Magic and the Triumph Dancers"

Day 4) "A Kiss Good Night"- a midnight burlesque show

Day 5) "The Big Easy"

They also had the Piano Bar, Disco, Latin Dance Band, An easy rock band, Karaoke and/or Superstar live, and 2-4 shows in the Comedy club every night. In addition they had a Midnight Mexican buffet and fiesta one night. During the sea days they had ice carving demo, towel folding class, Line dancing class, Trivia, Karaoke, Pools, Hot tubs, and of course LOTS of food. I had a fantastic time!

I know that there are times when something happens due to weather or an artist's flight not arriving but this is a rarity and not the norm. I would hope any people reading this thread would not let some of these guys who like to complain effect your opinion. Go on a cruise and make your own opinions.

I started this Thread to find out who the new "legends" are in the new Legends show. I appreaciate all the helpful information!! Thanks to all of you who provided it.

not impressed.... comment was technically incorrect and both uncalled for and obnoxious.... don't quit your day job.

Thanks. I may be an X factor Wannabe but he is a "Simon" Wannabe! People don't realize that the people they hear on the radio have sound guys adjusting them and all the sounds. I was singing the song in my living room with a portable CD player to play background music. I thought it was pretty decent considering...:rolleyes:

Here's the video of my dad as Frank. Sorry the sound is a bit off.

There was lots of background static on the video but when I could hear through that he sounds great. Its a shame all the static covered up his voice for part of the video. The link you gave didn't work on my computer. I searched for it and found it at the following link.

Hope I get to hear you sing "ThisFemmeKat". See you on the Glory? Now at least we know which songs to practice, don't we!

I havent decided the actual dates for my glory visit yet.. so its possible.. but I have some karaoke videos on youtube. Nothing fancy though.. Search Superstar Karaoke Carnival Dream. Im wearing a bright pink shirt. lol if you click my user name you might find 1 or 2 other ones too.

I havent decided the actual dates for my glory visit yet.. so its possible.. but I have some karaoke videos on youtube. Nothing fancy though.. Search Superstar Karaoke Carnival Dream. Im wearing a bright pink shirt. lol if you click my user name you might find 1 or 2 other ones too.

Love your voice! Great range and power. You have the ability to belt on even high notes which I lack. I start sounding like I'm singing an opera when I sing high. You would have the ability to do any of the songs in the new Legends show but I would love to hear you sing Cher's "If I could turn back time". I think you would actually sing it better than Cher.

Love your voice! Great range and power. You have the ability to belt on even high notes which I lack. I start sounding like I'm singing an opera when I sing high. You would have the ability to do any of the songs in the new Legends show but I would love to hear you sing Cher's "If I could turn back time". I think you would actually sing it better than Cher.

lol thanks.. but that costume!!:eek: noone wants to see that! lol i havent actually seen the costume they use.. I am just imagining the one she wore in her video.. :eek:

lol thanks.. but that costume!!:eek: noone wants to see that! lol i havent actually seen the costume they use.. I am just imagining the one she wore in her video.. :eek:

I saw a video on line that was essentially a G-string, garter belt with stockings and Jacket. I don't think they could have a passenger dress like that. At other parts of the video she wore jeans and Jacket. If I were going to try out for that part I would just be sure to bring black jeans with me and tell the ship that I wear Jeans or I don't do the part. I can't really imagine anyone being comfortable about wearing a G-string! :eek:

I've been accused of sounding a little too operatic but never of being "off key" or "pitchy". Pull out your tuning fork and you will find you are wrong. There were about 2 notes in the song that were a little flat but you are likely to hear the pros just as flat at times. I guess if the listeners are tone deaf it would be hard to please them.

Okay, let's be fair here. You should have known if you put it out there someone would have a not so favorable opinion. It sounds to me you thought the only response you would have would be positive and now you are defending yourself.

I do agree the opinion was rude. Personally, I won't offer one because mine might not be what you were hoping to hear either and I wouldn't want to be attacked.

Thanks everyone for the info. So this is the list so far. Please correct list and add songs on the list below:

Tina Turner-

Cher- If I could turn back time

Neil Diamond- Sweet Caroline

Gloria Gaynor-I will suvive

Garth Brooks- friends in low places

Shania Twain- man I feel like a woman

Bruce Springsteen- born in the USA

Michael Jackson- bily jean

Elvis- crocodile rock/hound dog medley

Frank Sinatra- my way

If anyone knows which song Tina Turner does let me know! I'm guessing Proud Mary since thats a big croud pleaser?

It use to be "Elton John" legends performer who did Crocodile Rock, not Elvis.

Okay, let's be fair here. You should have known if you put it out there someone would have a not so favorable opinion. It sounds to me you thought the only response you would have would be positive and now you are defending yourself.

I do agree the opinion was rude. Personally, I won't offer one because mine might not be what you were hoping to hear either and I wouldn't want to be attacked.

You are entitled to your opinion. Some people decided what they thought of "ALL" the singers in the Carnival Legends show based on their experience on one cruise and felt the need to offer their unrequested critique. In the same way some have decided that Carnival only has 2 shows per cruise. Neither have basis in fact and have very little to do with the purpose of this thread or with the proverbial price of tea in china. You may not like my voice but it IS on key! Stating a fact is not an attack or being defensive. I will admit I was surprised by the response. I actually posted the link only because some people who are new to Carnival might read what had been posted and decide their opinion of the show without ever seeing it. While it was only a tape recording in my living room, I thought it was pretty decent and I'm not ashamed of it. At least if those hearing it hate it they are basing their opinion on their OWN EARS rather than those of someone else. The singers in the legends shows vary. Some worse than me, some better. But music appreciation, like beauty, is very much in the "eyes" (or should I say EARS) of the beholder. Hope you at least enjoyed seeing the Grand Canyon! Certainly you can't fault it's creators talent! LOL. I started a thread to find out who were the new legends and their songs. I did not ask for a critique or opinion. I actually asked for this info at two roll calls hoping to find out without going to the general board but could not find the answer to the question. I do appreciate the folks who provided the Legends show info.

It use to be "Elton John" legends performer who did Crocodile Rock, not Elvis.

Your Right! I loved the Elton John costume also especially the big glasses and feather boa. Thats odd that they would keep the same song but change performers.

Elvis performs jailhouse rock in the medley

The first person said crocodile rock and when another told me it was a medley I didn't notice it was a different rock! Thanks for correcting me. Although I would not ever be auditioning for that part sometimes I get asked what songs will be in the show and I wouldn't want to inform incorrectly.

Again THANKYOU! :)

I know what you mean about the entertainment, but I must say the Legends show really isn't that new. I've been sailing Carnival since 2002 and I can remember "Legends" at least as far back as 2006. The difference then was that the other entertainment was still good.

I have seen a couple Legends performers that were really good though.

I know what you mean about the entertainment, but I must say the Legends show really isn't that new. I've been sailing Carnival since 2002 and I can remember "Legends" at least as far back as 2006. The difference then was that the other entertainment was still good.

I have seen a couple Legends performers that were really good though.

The Legends Show is not new but they have changed the "legends" that are IN the show or at least they are finally in process of changing the legends. The show has been around so long that I have been in it 4 times! I'm sure that those who cruise frequently are ready for the show to change up the costumes and songs. I'm sort of wondering what the costumes will be like. In the past they had people wear a costume that was reminiscent of the one worn in the artists music video for the song. I noticed that Cher wears a G-string, garter belt and stockings in her video and am hoping they don't EVEN THINK of going there for a passenger! :eek: If thats the case I not only wouldn't want that part, I wouldn't even want to see it. Lets face it, your average "mature" chubby cruise passenger is not a good candidate for a G-string! :rolleyes:

Archived