Princess's own shuttle from LAX to San Pedro

highseasally

I will fly into Lax on Oct. 19th, 2012 for South Pacific Cruise (28 days). I will stay at a hotel near airport and then take hotel shuttle back to airport on the 20th to meet the Princess Shuttle to San Pedro. Where do I go at the airport and what time would I meet the Princess Shuttle? Has anyone done this recently? Any and all info. will be greatly appreciated.

highseasally

I will fly into Lax on Oct. 19th, 2012 for South Pacific Cruise (28 days). I will stay at a hotel near airport and then take hotel shuttle back to airport on the 20th to meet the Princess Shuttle to San Pedro. Where do I go at the airport and what time would I meet the Princess Shuttle? Has anyone done this recently? Any and all info. will be greatly appreciated.
They're at all the terminals but if it were me, I'd look for a flight on a major airline that gets into LAX shortly before the time I want to take the Princess shuttle to the port and put that into the Personalizer. They don't check. All you have to do is to show up at baggage claim for that airline and a Princess rep will be there with your name on a list.

I would suggest the baggage claim at terminal one. Southwest and US Air have so many flights there is bound to be one at a time to catch the earliest port shuttle. Also at terminal one you usually will be the first to board the bus and have your choice of seats before the bus makes the circle of the 7 terminals plus the international terminal.

http://luv2cruise.blogspot.com

highseasally

We will be flying in on Delta that evening to cruise the next day on Sapphire. We are booked at the Sheraton Airport Hoteel but have not made any reservations for getting to the port. For us it will be easier to take a shuttle or limo directly from the hotel to the port instead of going back to the terminal and then to the port.

~Doris~

highseasally

I too am on this same cruise. Here are the instructions found in my cruise personalizer from Princess for passengers already in L.A. and wanting a transfer from LAX to the ship:

"If you are already in Los Angeles, and wish to pick up a transfer to the ship, you may meet at Los Angeles Int'l Airport as follows: Delta Airlines, lower level, Baggage Claim Area 1 Arrive between 12:00PM-1:00PM. Look for a Princess representative."

We will be flying in on Delta that evening to cruise the next day on Sapphire. We are booked at the Sheraton Airport Hoteel but have not made any reservations for getting to the port. For us it will be easier to take a shuttle or limo directly from the hotel to the port instead of going back to the terminal and then to the port.

~Doris~

Doris, in the past we've flown in the night before and stayed at the LAX Marriott (on our own vs. with Princess). We've been able to work with the doorman at the hotel to get us a car to take us to San Pedro for about $60 that included a wine stop at Ralph's :D. It has always been on a weekend day so traffic has not been a problem for us in the past. Not sure what Princess is charging these days per person for their transfer, or if car service has increased due to gas prices, but we've found this way of getting to the ship when flying in a day early works for us as we can go when we want, get our wine, and board before the masses arrive.

They're at all the terminals but if it were me, I'd look for a flight on a major airline that gets into LAX shortly before the time I want to take the Princess shuttle to the port and put that into the Personalizer. They don't check. All you have to do is to show up at baggage claim for that airline and a Princess rep will be there with your name on a list.

That's what I did when I used it. I love locally but we were sailing north then flying back to LAX and that is where I wanted my car. So I picked a random flight for their info.

Take a flight (like Jetblue) that flys into LGB, Long Beach. It's only a few miles from the San Pedro terminal. That'll keep your shuttle costs low. Plus Jetblue is very price competative and an excellent airline. No baggage fees for the 1st suitcase either; that saves $$. No, I don't work for them. Just an avid customer.

Doris, in the past we've flown in the night before and stayed at the LAX Marriott (on our own vs. with Princess). We've been able to work with the doorman at the hotel to get us a car to take us to San Pedro for about $60 that included a wine stop at Ralph's :D. It has always been on a weekend day so traffic has not been a problem for us in the past. Not sure what Princess is charging these days per person for their transfer, or if car service has increased due to gas prices, but we've found this way of getting to the ship when flying in a day early works for us as we can go when we want, get our wine, and board before the masses arrive.

I think you have come up with the BEST solution for us. We prefer to get to the ship before the Princess busses. Thanks.

Take Prime Time shuttle and they charge $16 pp from the airport to the cruise port. They are easy to find. You get your luggage and go outside and they are there. You walk over to the rep and they call a shuttle. If you have pre-paid then one will be there at the right time. If you have not pre-paid you may have to wait for one that is not full...they circle the terminal.

When you are done with the cruise, they are all there lined up to pick passengers up at any time that you disembark.

They are very polite and easy to use. great price too!

~Doris~

I would certainly get to LA at least a day ahead (there are just too many things that can go wrong with trying to fly in on the same day), but you don't need to stay by LAX (that area is surrounded by strip malls -- and you can take that literally for much of that area:eek:). Take a Supershuttle van to a hotel near the port, and you're there the next morning.

We will be getting into LA the day before the cruise so we decided that after a long flight to stay at an Airport. We usually stay at the San Pedro Sheraton. And have used Super Shuttle , but now my husband uses a scooter and we need to adjust to that.I dont think the shuttles would work as well as a taxi or a limo.

~Doris~

Were you happy with Super Shuttle in the past? We are flying in the day before and staying at the Hilton. We currently have Princess transfers but I am looking into Super Shuttle as Princess is telling us the earliest we can get a transfer at the airport is at the Delta baggage claim between 12 and 1pm. Is anyone else at the Hilton who might be interested in the shuttle to arrive at the port by about noon?

Were you happy with Super Shuttle in the past? We are flying in the day before and staying at the Hilton. We currently have Princess transfers but I am looking into Super Shuttle as Princess is telling us the earliest we can get a transfer at the airport is at the Delta baggage claim between 12 and 1pm. Is anyone else at the Hilton who might be interested in the shuttle to arrive at the port by about noon?

You might want to check with Super Shuttle. They pick up and drop off at most of the hotels and have good rates if you are staying at the hotel. You may have a couple of stops before you get to the pier, but you can adjust your departure time to get you there when you want.

I understand that is what Princess is telling people who are not arriving on a flight that morning.

However, they will no doubt be having transportation to the pier starting no later than 9 AM. Just go to the airport when you want. Another poster suggested going to Terminal 1 where Southwest will no doubt have many cruise passengers arriving.

We will also be at the Airport Hilton. Husband has scooter so we were considering the limo above.

~Doris~

Archived