Carnival Breeze @ Venice Port

BostonGirl88

Hello,

I would like to know if Carnival Breeze offers water shuttle from the cruise port to St. Mark SQ if so how much will it cost and is it a round trip deal or a unlimited ride? called Carnival Representative, they do not have any answer for this one.

If the Breeze arrive by 2 pm per the itinerary, what's time can we get off the ship?

Thank you

Hello,

I would like to know if Carnival Breeze offers water shuttle from the cruise port to St. Mark SQ if so how much will it cost and is it a round trip deal or a unlimited ride? called Carnival Representative, they do not have any answer for this one.

If the Breeze arrive by 2 pm per the itinerary, what's time can we get off the ship?

Thank you

If you don't get answers here, you may want to repost on the Carnival section.

Hello,

Thank you

Last fall we were in Venice overnight on the Carnival Magic after a 1PM arrival and they did not offer a shuttle service. However, unless you're mobility challenged, I don't think this is a bad thing. We opted to use the People Mover (which is likely a few hundred yards from your ship) to get from the port area to Piazza Roma and from there walked through Venice via a few different routes over the two days. Walking some of the back routes in Venice is one of the best parts of a visit there IMHO.

We took the vaporetto back late one evening after dinner and a gondola ride... and the vaporetto along the grand canal was a treat at that time of night with all the buildings lit up. If you want to reduce the amount of walking you do, this is your best transportation bet.

And of course, if you weren't already aware... when you sail into Venice, be sure to catch the views from topside.

If I recall correctly, there was little delay once the ship was tied before people we're getting off.

Hi, we have just done this cruise on the Breeze. When you get off, the queues for the water taxi are horrendous, we may have been unlucky as 4 cruise ships all came in on the same day. If it is the same, walk away from the ship beyond the water taxi ticket offices and you will see the people mover, it is 1 euro per person each way and gets you to the start of the canals. From there you can walk or pick up water taxis easily.

If you really want to get the water taxi at the ship and the queues are bad, there is newsagent kiosk just to the left of the ticket offices and you can buy tickets there too.

Have fun

Last fall we were in Venice overnight on the Carnival Magic after a 1PM arrival and they did not offer a shuttle service. However, unless you're mobility challenged, I don't think this is a bad thing. We opted to use the People Mover (which is likely a few hundred yards from your ship) to get from the port area to Piazza Roma and from there walked through Venice via a few different routes over the two days. Walking some of the back routes in Venice is one of the best parts of a visit there IMHO.

We took the vaporetto back late one evening after dinner and a gondola ride... and the vaporetto along the grand canal was a treat at that time of night with all the buildings lit up. If you want to reduce the amount of walking you do, this is your best transportation bet.

And of course, if you weren't already aware... when you sail into Venice, be sure to catch the views from topside.

If I recall correctly, there was little delay once the ship was tied before people we're getting off.

Hello, Thank you very much for the information**May I have a few more questions :)

1)After the People mover, how long will it take to walk to St. Mark SQ?

2)If I like to take a Vaporetto from the People mover stop, how much will it cost to go to St. Mark SQ.

3)Where did you catch the gondola ride? How much it cost? I think of get to the gondola and if there is someone want to join us (2 people). Is this sound crazy?

4)You mentioned about Topside view when sailing in, I am only 5ft (nothing):p, I do not think I can beat the others, I will be @ my balcony, which is on the Right side of the ship, will I still see good view?

Thanks for all your help

Hi, we have just done this cruise on the Breeze. When you get off, the queues for the water taxi are horrendous, we may have been unlucky as 4 cruise ships all came in on the same day. If it is the same, walk away from the ship beyond the water taxi ticket offices and you will see the people mover, it is 1 euro per person each way and gets you to the start of the canals. From there you can walk or pick up water taxis easily.

If you really want to get the water taxi at the ship and the queues are bad, there is newsagent kiosk just to the left of the ticket offices and you can buy tickets there too.

Have fun

Thanks for the infor

Hello, Thank you very much for the information**May I have a few more questions :)

1)After the People mover, how long will it take to walk to St. Mark SQ?

2)If I like to take a Vaporetto from the People mover stop, how much will it cost to go to St. Mark SQ.

3)Where did you catch the gondola ride? How much it cost? I think of get to the gondola and if there is someone want to join us (2 people). Is this sound crazy?

4)You mentioned about Topside view when sailing in, I am only 5ft (nothing):p, I do not think I can beat the others, I will be @ my balcony, which is on the Right side of the ship, will I still see good view?

Thanks for all your help

There are shuttles from the port- they are not "water taxi's". The water taxi's are little boats that hold up to eight people. The shuttles hold up to 100 people. I didn't have to wait for one when I was there but I can see if there was a sudden exodus from three cruise ships that there would be long lines. The shuttle is 8 Euros per person. A water taxi will be about 90 Euros to St. Mark's Square. Make sure to get a price upfront. If you are debating doing the gondola ride somewhere or slurging on a water taxi to St. Mark's- I'd spend it on the water taxi versus the gondola.

After the People Mover it will take approximately 45 minutes to walk from Piazzale Roma to St. Mark's Square. Most people end up taking much longer because you will be tempted (and should) stop, window shop, etc.

There are gondolas at Piazzale Roma and you could ask the gondolier to take you to the Rialto Bridge via the gondola. That would a nice way to see part of the Grand Canal and should take about 40 minutes (80 Euros). You can also get them at various places between Piazzale Roma the Rialto Bridge and St. Mark's (they are everywhere). I highly recommend not doing one in the heat of the afternoon (between 12-3) because it will be really hot (at least in summer). You may meet someone that wants to share. If there is a line- you may meet others who want to share with you. Rate is 80 Euros for 40 minutes and 120 for 1 hour. Make sure to get a price upfront.

If you do the vaporetto from Piazzale Roma- St. Marks, the tickets are 7 Euros for one way. They journey takes about 30 minutes with stops along the Grand Canal. Personally I'd rather walk because it emits gas fumes and grinds to a halt and each stop. It's often overcrowded.

You will see the sail in from your balcony on the right (Starboard) side of the ship. However- you are better off being on the top deck. It is much more spectacular from there.

Thanks for all your help

Yes, when you are sailing into Venice the right (starboard) side of the ship has lovely views of St Mark's etc.

Archived