Boxed Wine In Checked Luggage

lopat08865

If you are smuggling, I cant see that the cardboard box is going to matter. Some they choose to pull out and some they dont. Its a matter of luck. They can see all liquids, just dont have the time to stop all smuggling.

Is this in addition to the legal wine you can carry on? You do know you can carry on a 750 ml bottle of wine right?

Yep -that is what I did with our liquor we smuggled - wrapped bladder with diapers and then in plastic bag. Probably why it was not detected cause of the diapers.

I talked to a security person at the port who laughed that people are so naive to think they cannot see all liquid. She said how can anyone in this day and age be this naive?? Do they think we cant see a bomb and anything else dangerous. We dont have the manpower to stop all smuggling, we pick a little and thats all we can do.

I agree.. to state that you really believe they cant see liquid?? really???

Just because they dont stop all smuggling, doesnt mean they cant see all liquids with their xray equipment. They dont have the time or manpower and carnival isnt willing to pay for more people to stop the smuggling.

PS she said their job is to keep you safe .. not to stop all smuggling.

More power to you if your stuff makes it thru. Hopefully if it breaks it won't leak thru to other pax belongings. My DH learned that the hard way. He was flying with a bottle of Ouzo (sp) and it broke open during the flight. Totally soaked thru not only his belongings but stunk up the whole airplane (a military flight). Don't remember if it got on the other folks baggage or not. But that was an unpleasant thought....possibly having to replace his coworkers items.

I dont smuggle in my checked luggage any longer. Dont get me wrong. I have in the past and may try it again... Nothing Ventured, Nothing Gained.;)

If I were now. I would leave it in the box.

Reason #1. Box will protect the bladder.

Rdason #2. If in "original" packing and is found. You can get it back at end of cruise.

Archived