Allure: Boardwalk View Stateroom vs Central Park View Stateroom

OK - Can someone please provide me some insight on why the Boardwalk View Staterooms w/Balconies are more expensive than the Central Park w/Balconies?

I'm trying to figure out what I'm missing.... It looks like (to me) that the Boardwalk View Room would have a lot more noise?

I'm trying to figure out if I should upgrade to a Boardwalk or stay with the Central Park one....

Thanks Muchos!

Lady_G

We had a boardwalk room and it was noisy. We heard all the music from the water show, sound from the movie they showed etc. We also got all the noise from the basketball court during the day and sometimes into the evening too. If you like to take naps during the day or go to bed early, I wouldn't recommend those cabins. On the good side, you can "people watch" (folks on the zip line went right over our balcony), watch the water show or movie from your balcony, etc.

Marianne

We were *just* issued our Central Park w/Balcony GTY and it ended up being a Boardwalk View Balcony: 9301

I'm contemplating calling our TA and asking for one of the three (3) listed rooms available for Central Park w/Balcony.....

Thoughts, or should I just take it? (And yes, I know...we're on a cruise, we will enjoy whatever room we get, but I like the details upfront. :D)

Lady_G

We had a boardwalk room and it was noisy. We heard all the music from the water show, sound from the movie they showed etc. We also got all the noise from the basketball court during the day and sometimes into the evening too. If you like to take naps during the day or go to bed early, I wouldn't recommend those cabins. On the good side, you can "people watch" (folks on the zip line went right over our balcony), watch the water show or movie from your balcony, etc.

Marianne

Watching the movie from our balcony sounds great, as well as the water show.... *sigh* I'm in a pickle now what to do.

Thanks for your input. (Do you happen to have a photo of your room from your cruise?)

Lady_G

We were just on the 9-day Allure Cruise in adjoining boardwalk balcony cabins (9723 and 9725). Our cabins were at the very back of the ship, so we had a pretty good view of the aqua theater for the shows. Rita's tended to be very noisy until 11:00, but if you had the balcony door locked shut it wasn't too bad (we didn't go to bed until after 11:00 anyway). We also had a good view of the activities on the boardwalk, e.g., character appearances, the carnival, superheros. We were far enough back that we could also see the ocean, but not as good a view as the balcony cabin we normally get. The central park rooms seemed like they would be quieter, and Central Park is gorgeous at night. CP rooms are also more centrally located; at the end of the day it was a loooong walk down the hall to our rooms at the back of the ship.

We just got off the Oasis, which for what I understand is very similar to Allure, I would rather Central Park because it is very unique, you do not feel you are on a ship, the view of the park is gorgeous, with all the little cozy restaurants around, there was classico music live every night for a couple of house, and the it is a very quiet relaxing neighbourhood... on the other hand a balcony in the Boardwalk, does give you a bit of a water /ocean view, specially if you are towards the end, you can watch the water shows and movies in the movie theater, also there was dj music a couple of nights and always something going on to watch.... my husband prefers Boardwalk I must add.

Enjoy your cruise, either room will be great !!!! It is an awesome ship.

We liked our Boardwalk view because we could still see the ocean (even if it was a partial view). We liked thr future and bustle, and being able to see the action below. As far as noise goes, it only brunette us once (Rita's Fiesta).

I agree that the Cental Park location would be more serene, but I feel that after a few days it would've felt a bit monotonous and claustrophobic. After all, you will spend the week staring at walls with balconies.

My wife and her mom did a CP balcony on Allure last year, she liked it a lot. She said it was very peaceful and it was nice seeing down into the park. Her only complaint was that the calypso music from the pool deck was regularly present during the day. It didn't bother her a whole lot; luckily I wasn't on that one because it would have driven me crazy. I prefer the Solarium mostly to avoid the kids, but also to avoid the cheesy music.

That being said, we booked a BW balcony at the very aft end of the ship for our cruise on Oasis in 2014. We picked it over CP because I wanted to have a view of the ocean (out the back of the ship) and also a good view of the Aqua Theater shows.

We liked our Boardwalk view because we could still see the ocean (even if it was a partial view). We liked thr future and bustle, and being able to see the action below. As far as noise goes, it only brunette us once (Rita's Fiesta).

I agree that the Cental Park location would be more serene, but I feel that after a few days it would've felt a bit monotonous and claustrophobic. After all, you will spend the week staring at walls with balconies.

Auto-correct? Love it!

Just came back from the shortened 5 days cruise on Allure.

Central is a lovely place but sometime, you don't even notice you are on a ship because all you see is blue sky above. :D it's a much quieter environment except those few hrs when everybody need to grab a roast beef sandwich from Park Cafe. At night, Central park is a beautiful place with a nice breeze.

my opinion, I would not choose Central Park because it was a little too quiet for my liking, and you hardly notice anyone out in the balcony, my observation.

Here're a few pics of central Park:

DSC01401.JPG

DSC01391.JPG

DSC01264.JPG

now onto boardwalk, this is where we stayed, room 9311 and 9313, yes noise could be an issue (not from the BW itself but from Auqa Theatre) if you are an early night person, the show goes on till 11pm, so lock up your balcony door. But it didn't bother us a bit, it didn't bother my toddlers when they went to sleep at 8:30 9pm at night.

seeing the water beyond the Auqa Theatre was a plus, you know the ship was at sea.

DSC01430.JPG

DSC01111.JPG

DSC01101.JPG

Edited by Chicagocrooza

now onto boardwalk, this is where we stayed, room 9311 and 9313, yes noise could be an issue (not from the BW itself but from Auqa Theatre) if you are an early night person, the show goes on till 11pm, so lock up your balcony door. But it didn't bother us a bit, it didn't bother my toddlers when they went to sleep at 8:30 9pm at night.

seeing the water beyond the Auqa Theatre was a plus, you know the ship was at sea.

Thank you for your photos! Your photos makes me want to move my room up to 9725 - closer to AFT, closer to the Aqua & Movies... :D

We were just on the 9-day Allure Cruise in adjoining boardwalk balcony cabins (9723 and 9725). Our cabins were at the very back of the ship, so we had a pretty good view of the aqua theater for the shows. Rita's tended to be very noisy until 11:00, but if you had the balcony door locked shut it wasn't too bad (we didn't go to bed until after 11:00 anyway). We also had a good view of the activities on the boardwalk, e.g., character appearances, the carnival, superheros. We were far enough back that we could also see the ocean, but not as good a view as the balcony cabin we normally get. The central park rooms seemed like they would be quieter, and Central Park is gorgeous at night. CP rooms are also more centrally located; at the end of the day it was a loooong walk down the hall to our rooms at the back of the ship.

Ducktoon:

I'm looking at changing our room to 9725. Do you happen to have any balcony photos from that room?? I like how close to the AFT it is. :p

Thanks for your input!

Lady_G

i said it in another post, after experiencing the BW balcony cabin, I think it's better if you are closer to the AFT, the angle of the Aqua Theatre is much better, now only if you dont mind the walk :D

Deck 9 is wonderful, not too close to the BW and not too far away either(on deck 6), that way you can ppl watch, catch a show (fountain show, aqua show or the belly flop contest and many others) would be idel in the comfort of your balcony. :rolleyes:

i said it in another post, after experiencing the BW balcony cabin, I think it's better if you are closer to the AFT, the angle of the Aqua Theatre is much better, now only if you dont mind the walk :D

Deck 9 is wonderful, not too close to the BW and not too far away either(on deck 6), that way you can ppl watch, catch a show (fountain show, aqua show or the belly flop contest and many others) would be idel in the comfort of your balcony. :rolleyes:

I couldn't resist. 9725 it is!!! :)

I'm trying to figure out what I'm missing.... It looks like (to me) that the Boardwalk View Room would have a lot more noise?

Lady_G

Are you taking Baby G? It seems to me the Boardwalk balconies would be quiet after 11pm. I think the first night we saw the show in the aquatheater at it was over around 11 (been 16 months ago) Its pretty quiet in the late evening.

Are you taking Baby G? It seems to me the Boardwalk balconies would be quiet after 11pm. I think the first night we saw the show in the aquatheater at it was over around 11 (been 16 months ago) Its pretty quiet in the late evening.

Baby_G nor Baby Cocky will NOT be joining us. Alyssa has been pushing Princess on us, and I'm Princess'd out (not to mention she's in the 1st Grade now!!). :D Alex is still too small for RCCL or Princesses' Kids Club, so we're waiting until he turns 3 in June for another RCCL Cruise. We'll book a "Next Cruise" while on the cruise in November for the OBCs.

Lady_G

Alex is still too small for RCCL or Princesses' Kids Club, so we're waiting until he turns 3 in June for another RCCL Cruise. We'll book a "Next Cruise" while on the cruise in November for the OBCs.

Lady_G

Alex is a new addition to your family since our Freedom cruise! We are thinking of going back to Freedom next year.

Edited by BillOh

Alex is a new addition to your family since our Freedom cruise! We are thinking of going back to Freedom next year.

Yeah, we were on our Med Cruise when we found out that I was already through my first trimester (Nov 2009) with Alex. :)

This is a photo of Jared and Alex on-board Princess back in April 2012.

The second photo is a photo of Baby_G from May 2012.

IMG_0655.jpg.c28a3d1696d96648cd408a33cf4752b2.jpg

IMG_0961.jpg.4ef6e52a9ff07e5f8f780b8a02fc7a7c.jpg

Edited by Lady_Gamecock
Added Photo

Baby_G nor Baby Cocky will NOT be joining us. Alyssa has been pushing Princess on us, and I'm Princess'd out (not to mention she's in the 1st Grade now!!). :D Alex is still too small for RCCL or Princesses' Kids Club, so we're waiting until he turns 3 in June for another RCCL Cruise. We'll book a "Next Cruise" while on the cruise in November for the OBCs.

Lady_G

We took our 2.5 year old on the Allure last week, he loved it, he used the Royal nursery for $6/hr and also we had babysitter came to our cabins at night when the 2.5 yo and the 5 yo had to crash. :rolleyes:

Something to consider.

We took our 2.5 year old on the Allure last week, he loved it, he used the Royal nursery for $6/hr and also we had babysitter came to our cabins at night when the 2.5 yo and the 5 yo had to crash. :rolleyes:

Something to consider.

DH and I try to take one major trip a year with the kids (plus numerous little ones throughout the year) and one major trip with it being just him and I. I travel a lot with my job, thus, we use this trip as a "get to know one another without a child crying" trip. :D

Baby_G has 10 cruises (more than 20 days) at sea herself (including Med Cruise to Egypt), and Baby Cocks has two cruises himself.

Lady_G

We were in adjoining 9723 and 9725 (3rd and 4th cabins from the end). These were taken more from 9725, and we had the wall between the balconies open. One pic was taken during the "Let you entertain me" show when we were at sea, and the other one was in Cozumel.

1029066152_cruise8-28-2012268.jpg.ec304a5d40edb5b9cb8bcf6c0ce0df5e.jpg

804189131_cruise8-24-2012382.jpg.09d791f661a4bfdcf7035665b3668595.jpg