Which restaurants are free on Adventure of the Seas?

jocelysue

Sorry to request a fast answer but my SIL is leaving Montreal Monday to take a cruise on this ship and has requested that I search as much as possible about Adventure of the Seas for her. This will be her first cruise. Her husband recently passed away and her children surprised her with a last minute ticket so she hasn't had time to do any research on her own . Plus, she doesn't understand much English, and, even worse, ,doesn't have a computer.Since I' ve cruised a lot, & I'm an Anglo, she's turned to me for help.

Problem is, although I've booked a cruise from singapore-Rome on Legend for next April I have no experience on RCI (well, not in the past 10 years) so am not up to date. Could help with HAL & Princess but not with RCI & a since Legend will be retrofitted and is not in the same class, my info there is sadly inappropriate

All sorts of reasons,preclude me from doing such a research so rapidly, laziness NOT being among them. Would appreciate a link to info about dining room venues , cover charges, charges for specialities ,and charges for coffee, ice cream, etc. please asap. Also warn her if there's anything she should know ahead of time about being nickeled and dimed.

Any and all other links about Adventure and tips for a widow travelling alone, and not in a group, will be much appreciated. BTW, SIL probably wouldn't do well at a Meet & Mingle because of the poor quality of her French & ,anyhow, she hasn't registered.

After receinving your info, I'll look up the links & do the translating.Right now I don't know when & from where Adveture sails yet..will get the info when SIL drives up from Montreal Saturday night to stay over with me & get info). She couldn't even give me her reservation number...Please bear with me; she is not a "stupid" person, simply overwhelmed right now & , having just turned 80, willing to try, but of course, slightly apprehensive of new experiences.

When I find out her itinerary I'll find out about shore excursions for her but Would appreciate info about the ship itself. BTW, she has an interior promenade room from what I could find out. She doesn't want to see the sea but apprently can see the "parade" . At least that's what her children told her because she had always said she wanted to cruise but din't want to see the water.

TIA.

Food venues on Adventure with no extra charge: Main Dining Room, Windjammer (buffet), Cafe Promenade (snacks/pizza), Room Service ($3.95 charge per order between midnight and 5am).

Food venues on Adventure with an extra charge: Portofino ($20pp), Johnny Rockets ($4.95 pp for all food, drinks charged per item), Ben & Jerry's ice cream (per item pricing).

There will be a multi-lingual translator on board who is usually available for help at certain times on certain days. When and where she/he will be, will be noted in the daily Compass which lists all the activities, show times, music, and lots of other information for each day. So she should surely get a Compass in her language. At Guest Relations, just to the side of the desk, there is a rack of Compasses in several different languages available each day. The Guest Relations desk is on deck 5 which is the inside Promenade deck where the shops, Cafe Promenade, general store, excursions desk, pub and champagne bar are located. Since she is traveling alone, she may find the nicest, quiet place for a drink will be the champagne bar. She may find several service staff who speak her language. All of them are at least bi-lingual, with English as a second language. Lots and lots of staff speak Spanish and lots and lots speak Tagalog.

Archived