Do not use Hotwire IFIf you are a non smoker

cruisinone

I booked a room with Hot Wire and we found out the room was a smoking room. I do not smoke and my Wife is alergic to smoke.We tryed to change to another room and the hotel told us to contact HotWire. HotWire told us they wouldnt change the room for us to bad we were stuck with it. It did not say anything about smoking when we booked the room . This is a warning when you book whith Hotwire you are stuck with what you get no changes can be made

I hate being in a smoky environment, myself. For future reference, from the HotWire website:

"We can only guarantee a non-smoking room if the hotel shows a "smoke free" amenity icon in the details and search results. To see what the "smoke free" icon looks like, view our Amenities Guide.

If the property is not "smoke free," you can call the hotel after booking to request a non-smoking room. The hotel may or may not be able to accommodate the request."

Pulled from the website in question:

Can I request a non-smoking room?

We can only guarantee a non-smoking room if the hotel shows a "smoke free" amenity icon in the details and search results. To see what the "smoke free" icon looks like, view our Amenities Guide.

If the property is not "smoke free," you can call the hotel after booking to request a non-smoking room. The hotel may or may not be able to accommodate the request.

I don't know where the hotel in question is but is it possible they don't have non-smoking rooms?:confused:

I have only ever used Priceline and Expedia in the past. Each hotel we have stayed at has asked us at check in what room we want.

I do know on hotwire if the hotel is a nonsmoking hotel .. they put this as a amenity so you know which hotels are nonsmoking if that is important to you.

I knew I booked a nonsmoking hotel in Tampa last time.

I have a hotwire hotel coming up .. and if I get a smoking room I do. I know that going in it could be either. (since it was not marked as nonsmoking only)

This happened to me on Priceline this Spring in DC, I was stuck in a entire smoking floor with no other rooms available. They had to bring an a professional ionizer in my room, I sprayed tons of Fabreeze, took Claritin everyday and was still miserable. They said I should have called the hotel immediately after booking to request a non-smoking room. I have learned my lesson. It was a long week!

Back in the old days, before they separated hotel rooms by smoking/ non smoking, whenever I was stuck in one, I'd swing a wet towel around. It helped soak up a lot of the odor.

It's not perfect, but if you're in a bind, it can help.

Nowadays just pack a can of Feebreeze:D:p

We called the hotel Best Western in Ft Lauderdale and they said they coulnt help us ut was up to HotWire and Hot Wire said to bad tough luck you bookfd the room your stuck with it

When you get there just ask the desk for a non smoking room If they have one you should be able to get one since they are the same price

I booked a room with Hot Wire and we found out the room was a smoking room. I do not smoke and my Wife is alergic to smoke.We tryed to change to another room and the hotel told us to contact HotWire. HotWire told us they wouldnt change the room for us to bad we were stuck with it. It did not say anything about smoking when we booked the room . This is a warning when you book whith Hotwire you are stuck with what you get no changes can be made

So, how did her "allergies" work out? Why didn't you try to find another place to stay if your wife had health concerns.

I can see how this thread will go. The poster roared in like a lion:eek:

So, how did her "allergies" work out? Why didn't you try to find another place to stay if your wife had health concerns.

I can see how this thread will go. The poster roared in like a lion:eek:

:D I'm waiting for it, ya know it's bound to happen. The wound is open...

I'm a smoker. And I don't stay in hotel rooms too often. But the last few years on the night of our Christmas Party I will get a room near by so I can enjoy (drink) but not drive. Those rooms smell HORRIBLE. I don't smoke inside at home, but I do have my balcony (I guess it's called a patio on land). Even for the few hours I'm there I can't stand it. So I have learned that fabreze does wonders. I spray the heck out of the room before going out and by the time I get back I can live with it.

So I guess if it's horrible for a smoker it must be unbearable for a non smoker. And I'm not sure all the fabreeze in the world will help.

If you keep the reservation I do hope you can get a non smoking room. I wish you the best of luck!

RuthlessBoss it not far fetched it is exactely what is happening . They do not give you a choice of a smoking room or non smoking room . You are stuck with what they give you. This would not happen in Canada all rooms are smoke free the way it should be

RuthlessBoss it not far fetched it is exactely what is happening . They do not give you a choice of a smoking room or non smoking room . You are stuck with what they give you. This would not happen in Canada all rooms are smoke free the way it should be

OkeeDokee:rolleyes:

What who gives you? Don't know where you've stayed, but most places in Florida are smoke free, or have only limited number of smoking rooms. I know:D

It is rather odd because as current smokers, DH and I have a hell of a time finding smoking rooms.

This has been true for the past year or so.

Most hotels are non smoking entirely or have very few smoking rooms these days.

Seattle has only one hotel with smoking rooms this year, last year there were 4.

We gave them kudos for standing up for us sinners!

Wisconsin hotel rooms are ALL non smoking.

If I were looking for a non-smoking room, I would check regular websites first to see how many hotels in the town we were visiting actually had any smoking rooms and go from there.

Archived