Does she need a light jacket on the cruise

markser

My girlfriend is suddenly concerned that she should take a light jacket on our cruise next week.

She is already taking a light sweater for the plane, a light shawl for the dining room, a cheap light roll-up poncho if it rains, and a light long-sleeved coverup for the beach.

Does she need a casual jacket to wear on deck early in the morning or at night or somewhere else? Would a light waterproof, windproof jacket be more practical than the poncho?

Thanks.

Markser - She should be fine with things she's already bringing. She could wear the light sweater or shawl if she needs it, but I don't think she'll need a jacket. It's quite warm all the time in French Polynesia, even in the mornings/evenings; we never experienced any cool weather during our recent visit (late July/early August), and it was technically winter in the southern hemisphere. I wore a pashmina wrap some evenings in the dining room and a zip-up rash guard for snorkeling; but apart from that, I never needed any other type of jacket or coverup.

We did have a little bit of rain during our cruise; it hit one afternoon while I was snorkeling at the Bora Bora motu, and the afternoon of our second day on Moorea. If you're on excursions, you'll likely be in covered vehicles, so you should be fine even if it does rain. But for the most part, expect the weather to be sunny, warm, and lovely! Enjoy your trip...

No, she does not need a jacket.

She will probably vastly overpack; honestly, she only needs a pair of water shoes, one pair of casual sandals and a pair of dinner sandals. That's it!! The boat is very casual.

You only need shorts and Tshirts during the day.

Archived