Our Flight was at 11:10 out of FCO - Disembark at 7:45 - We Made it

Yankee123

Yankee123, I cannot tell you how grateful I am for your detailed update post-trip last year. We are going to be in virtually the same situation this October. NCL Epic R/T from Civitavecchia, Wed-Wed. Only differences are that we dock at 6:00AM and fly out of FCO at 10:10AM. Same 4-hour & ten minute timeframe as you had. We goofed on the dock time when booking our flight and I couldn't sleep last night worrying that there was no hope for us other than an expensive flight change. You have given me hope! I know there's no guarantee but praying for half the luck you had, I think we have a good chance of making our flight home (do I really want to though???). Also, we will not be checking any bags off the ship or at the airport so hopefully that will save a little time too. My only question now is when I should ask the private driver to be at port on disembarkation day? Suggestions anyone? Thanks again.

We will be sailing TA on the Celebrity Silhouette 4/14-4/29/13. It shows to make port at 5am. We have a flight from FCO-Orly in Paris departing at 9:20am. Definitely taking transfer instead of train because of very little cost difference. We flew BCN-FCO last summer and it reminded me of the Pre-TSA days in the US.

The reason we booked the earlier Vuelving flight was to get into Paris earlier to see Le Louvre. We arrive on Monday when it is open and because of holiday, it is closed Tuesday (normal) and wednesday (labor day) so we have a very small window to see Le Louvre.We aren't sure about the time to clear customs (if at all) in Civitavecchia as we stop at an EU port before then. As I recall, it didn't take us hardly any time to clear FCO-LHR-DFW last summer. With it being an EU flight, I suspect less time is required.

I'll let you know how it goes!

We booked our flights about 6 weeks ago for our May cruise. In discussing our trip, we decided DH should check our seating again & try to move us if we had bad seats. He gets on and there is a notice that our flight itinerary had changed. He could not "see" it so called. It was the flight from Rome to New York. We had decided to stay in Rome an extra day and not be stressed about getting to the airport (like we have discussed on this thread). Our flight was to leave at 11:30 or 11:50. However, the flight time has changed to 9:50!:eek: I am so thankful the one night stay will be a lot less than a missed flight!;)

• 1 year later...
So for anyone reading this post who has not yet purchased airfare (or who is still within their 24-hr cancellation window), it appears the wisest course is to book a flight 6+ hours after dock time. I'm in a different boat (pardon the pun). I've purchased & can't cancel. We've already contacted the airline and the cost to take a later flight is almost $2,600 for the two of us. That's even with the airline waiving the change fee. So, I'm going to take the 85% chance of making my early flight, using the great suggestions I've received here, instead of coughing up that much money now on a bunch of what ifs and hope I get lucky like Yankee123 and other poster. I think most would do that. I'll post the outcome when I return. Thanks again for the encouragement and great tips.

How did it go?? Did you make your flight? We are docking with Epic in Rome on a wednesday at 6am and looking at an 11:55a flight!

How did it go?? Did you make your flight? We are docking with Epic in Rome on a wednesday at 6am and looking at an 11:55a flight!

Since that post was from about 16 months ago, I wouldn't be too surprised if you dont get a response.

If you do not fly a lot you may not be aware that flight schedules and the aircraft used on those flight change often. The airlines do not notify you regarding these changes. When I book in advance I check my airline booking weekly to see that there are no unpleasant surprises. If the aircraft changes and you have booked good seats you can suddenly end up with lousy ones. Now here is the silver lining. If the time changes by more than an hour or so(depending on the airline) you can cancel without penalty. Or better yet see what other flight options there are and have the rebook you on another flight. So no, you don't just have to accept an 9:30 flight instead of an 11:30 flight-- find one that leaves later and have the book you on that one.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We made our 10:10 am flight with one hour + to spare and that was with no special disembarkation assistance on a 6:00 am Civitavecchia port time in October on NCL Epic. So I'd think an 11:55 am flight out of Rome would be just fine in the same situation.

Check out my latest post. Think you'll be more than fine with 11:55 flight.

Also, what time were you off the ship by with your 6am arrival? I am trying to figure out a good time to let my transfer know when to pick us up! We will do self disembark.