cost of taxi to Placa Catalunya from port

Annabanana3

I believe I paid between 15 and 20 euros a couple years ago (rates may have risen). In addition to the basic taxi meter rate, Barcelona taxis have the ability to charge you additional supplements based on number of bags, airport or cruise port drop offs or pickups, evening hours, and I'm pretty sure weekend rates differ from weekday rates. Also, if you call a taxi by phone or have it called to your hotel, you should expect that it will arrive with the meter already running. If you flag it down on the street or get in at a taxi stop, the meter will not be running in advance. So depending on your circumstances some of these may boost the price. In our case we got off the ship and got in the taxi line and it cost somewhere between 15 and 20 euros. I forget the exact amount. This was on a Sunday with no traffic. Sorry, but I wrote most of this thinking you were going the other direction. But I left it in the reply for information.

Here is a link to everything you need to know about taxi's in Barcelona (including supplements for luggage, port, etc).

http://www.barcelona.com/barcelona_city_guide/all_about/taxis_in_barcelona

jill

The fares quoted in that link are for 2009

Here is a link for the 2012 taxi fares

2012 Barcelona Taxi Fares

Archived