Cappiccino???

set2374

My first Princess is coming up and I have been a many times cruiser with NCL. It will be fun to see what all the hype is about but being a 2x past NCL Dawn cruiser my standards are pretty high in some areas.

The thing I really like about NCL aside from that cappucino at dinner is the constant entertainment by the staff around the ship during the day and evening. Is Princess as good about the everday diversions? I saw a Princess Patter somewhere (a brochure maybe) and thought there was a bit less to do each day. What do you think, being a cruiser of both?

Anyone? Just want to know what to expect..

thanks,Rita

Hi Rita:

One thing that I thought we better on Princess than on the Dawn - the dining options - either traditional or anytime - meant that there was easy food available 24 hours. I know the Dawn had that grill and room service after a certain hour, but the Princess buffet was open 24 hours and I felt it was much more convenient to get a snack at any hour. On the Dawn I remember the first night being hungry and being faced with a huge line at the grill or else waiting for room service. This was easier.

As far as onboard activities go, it was definitely a different experience than I'd had on other ships/lines. Usually we work up a schedule for the day, sometimes having to choose between activities. On Princess, you're right, there wasn't as much to do. BUT, we were in Alaska, where the scenery was the main attraction, so in general that was a good thing. Unfortunately, oftentimes they'd have activities we'd be interested in going on just as we were passing through prime whale watching areas, etc., but then when we were on the open sea, there'd be nothing interesting to do!

Overall, I'd had high expectations of Princess after what I'd read and previously experienced, and as far as service and activities and entertainment went, I was quite disappointed. But since, again, the main attraction for us this time around was Alaska, and not the ship, we still had a great time.

Archived