Is it really THAT bad

KPfromCT

I can tell you one thing, I've been on the Dream and the Magic and when the seas get a little rough those two ships are the roughest riding I have ever been on...I'm guessing its some kind of design flaw in the hull or the stabilizers..There really was not much of a wait at any place on the Magic except for the Mongolian Wok and there was always a line there and I don't understand why they don't have extended hours there...I'll be on the Breeze on the Bloggers Cruise so I'll find out how the Breeze rides if the seas get rough.......Dennis

I don't think the poster really cares if you think they are silly, no one wants to read bullying on these boards and frankly that's the seond rude comment you've put on this string.. Apparently you don't understand the concept of these boards. If someone has a question they are allowed to ask it, and if you have information that is useful to the poster, you can respond. Telling someone they are silly, and being rude is not hel;pful, so why would you even bother responding??

And I have the right to reply too! Thats the beauty of these threads. And just as you feel I insulted the OP, you just insulted me. And so did the OP (read back a little .. her comment about "Hate your type" )

See? FUN !!! (Maybe you need to understand things better ... )

P.S. The OP -was- being silly.

:eek:Was just reading all of the recent reviews of the Breeze, and now I'm not so sure this will be the right cruise for us. She is only a few months old, and the reviews are awful, ie; stained carpets, lines EVERYWHERE, for EVERYTHING, broken ice cream machines, LINES EVERYWHERE. Do you think it's just because she is so new and they need work all of the kinks out? The largest Carnival ship we have been on is the Pride, and we had no issues with lines, etc. I really wanted to book the Breeze for April, but am now a little nervous. The Magic is my second choice and she seems to get AWESOME reviews. Cannot wait until the Breeze comes to the US and get some other opinions. What do you think?:confused::confused:

Manufactured drama.

We got off the Breeze on Friday and absolutely loved our cruise!

Yes, at peak times there can be line ups at the buffet line, solution, don't go at peak times.

There was one night when we were going for dinner that there was a long line up to get into the dining room (anytime dining), but oh looky there, a bar with a smiling bartender to serve me and my wife a nice drink. Afterwards it just took 10 minutes to get a table and no drama.

The staff all seemed to work hard and were in good spirits (except for the assistant cruise director, who came off as a complete douchebag) and there was always something to do...

We had a great time and would recommend the Breeze to anyone!

I too read the reviews for the Breeze, most of the negative ones, especially the 1 stars, seem to be written by novice/first time cruisers who had unrealistic expectations in their heads or poorly booked a cabin.

Ship sponsored excursions are always expense and seasoned cruisers know this in advance so they only pick ship excursions in ports where time or uniqueness of tour make the extra $ well spent. Internet is slow and expensive on all ships, regardless of cruise line. It's a different more costly format than your local cell tower.

A soiled carpet may have happened earleir in the day and got cleaned up. Reviewer's experience though focused on the first sight of the mess and quickly labeled all the rest of the ship as dirty.

We've sailed on the Dream 3 times, twice during the infamous "smell" era. A whiff or two in passing was abotu the extend of our ofactory encounter with the smell monster. We rarely if at all experienced "long lines". Biggest exception would have been the Mongolian Wok where a wait SHOULD be expected as they cook your food to order.

We're on the Breeze for the first 8 day southern just after Thnksgiving. She's a full ship, doing a quick turnaround from a 2 day Thanksgiving cruise rigth after she arrives from her TA voyage. I would imagine that at least a third of the staff will be brand new to the ship. But with a little foresite and a toning down of the need to rush and do everything at once, we'll have a great cruise. Plus we've got a great roll call full of fun folks. Just go with the flow and don't fret the small stuff that yanks some people's underpants.

I think long lines, particularly for the buffet are more about the people on the cruise than the cruise itself. I was on one cruise where the buffet was jammed constantly. I think this ship just happened to have had the type of people who were going to get their money's worth - and were determined to basically eat all day.

Archived