Hi from Riviera

Benita

I am taking advantage of my unlimited Internet package to send out an hello. The Riviera is gorgeous, the food superb, and believe it or not, the entertainment is pretty good. Our itinerary has been so port intensive that we have not had much time to enjoy the ship, so we will need a vacation after our vacation.

I am sorry Oceania has been so slow in releasing late 2013-2014 sail dates- it would be a great time to book another cruise- they are selling lots of advance cruise bookings with open dates- I booked this cruise 14 months in advance while on the Marina last year, but Oceania won't release dates and itineraries for another few weeks.

By the way, the Internet is so- so. There was no connectivity at all due to a glitch in the system's upgrade for a day. The rest of the time, it is not bad.

Thanks for the on-board report, Benita. Glad to read you are enjoying the ship. We too thought it was beautiful and very much enjoyed the artwork at every turn.

I've been back a month and can still readily empathize with your 'vacation from a vacation' comment. It is a treat after a long day touring to return to relax and enjoy the ship.

We found the network speed much better than when on Marina last year though we only used it for 'cruisemail' and no browsing. We did have to reboot the supplied laptop everyday to re-establish the network connection. Still a lot faster and quite adequate for us.

Enjoy the rest of the cruise and look forward to another post if you have the time.

I am taking advantage of my unlimited Internet package to send out an hello. The Riviera is gorgeous, the food superb, and believe it or not, the entertainment is pretty good. Our itinerary has been so port intensive that we have not had much time to enjoy the ship, so we will need a vacation after our vacation.

I am sorry Oceania has been so slow in releasing late 2013-2014 sail dates- it would be a great time to book another cruise- they are selling lots of advance cruise bookings with open dates- I booked this cruise 14 months in advance while on the Marina last year, but Oceania won't release dates and itineraries for another few weeks.

By the way, the Internet is so- so. There was no connectivity at all due to a glitch in the system's upgrade for a day. The rest of the time, it is not bad.

Benita, thanks for your post..continue to have a great time..and book a cruise anyway (any cruise) you are entitled to make one change and you can do it when the new itins come out!!

We leave for the Caribbean on Decmber 10..the reason Stu and I chose this trip was no long touring days..in fact there are 3 or 4 days we will not even get off the ship not really interested in the ports....my favorite time is when it is quiet on board and we sit by the pool with a drink in one hand and a book in the other..I just cant wait (tho I hate to rush time)

Jancruz1

Hi!

We will be aboard the Marina in a few days for a wonderful 15 night cruise. Do you know the date the new itineraries will be released? We already have one Oceania certificate for a future cruise. This is our 13th Oceania cruise and we're aiming for the free cruise.

Rhea

Hi!

We will be aboard the Marina in a few days for a wonderful 15 night cruise. Do you know the date the new itineraries will be released? We already have one Oceania certificate for a future cruise. This is our 13th Oceania cruise and we're aiming for the free cruise.

Rhea

New itins will be out in October

Jancruz1

The new schedule will be out October 5th, from an Oceania cruise consultant I spoke with.

The future cruise voucher (you purchase on the ship) entitles you to a 5% discount but you will have to pay for the deposit up front. The voucher is good for two years. Your deposit is fully refundable for 24 months or up until you redeem the certificate.

The $200 certificate is mailed to you when you return home and is quoted as saying "must be used within 45 days of your return home."

The new schedule will be out October 5th, from an Oceania cruise consultant I spoke with.

The future cruise voucher (you purchase on the ship) entitles you to a 5% discount but you will have to pay for the deposit up front. The voucher is good for two years. Your deposit is fully refundable for 24 months or up until you redeem the certificate.

The $200 certificate is mailed to you when you return home and is quoted as saying "must be used within 45 days of your return home."

There is no more 5% discounts..it is now a dollar amount when you purchase on the ship..

Jancruz1

Hi!

How is the dollar amount off your cruise determined? Are the $200 certificates still unable to be used if you get a dollar amount off while onboard?

Rhea

Here is what I know they are now moving from a % off message to a $$ off message.

Rather than show a lead in price with a note saying plus 5% savings if booked on board they will now show the public offer with the message plus $200 to $800 off per stateroom if booked on board. You can only use the $200 coupon if you DONT BOOK ONBOARD...no discount will be available for category G or F with on board booking

Jancruz1

Here is what I know they are now moving from a % off message to a $$ off message.

Rather than show a lead in price with a note saying plus 5% savings if booked on board they will now show the public offer with the message plus $200 to $800 off per stateroom if booked on board. You can only use the $200 coupon if you DONT BOOK ONBOARD...no discount will be available for category G or F with on board booking

Jancruz1

Can confirm the no discount on G or F with onboard booking.

Just got off the Riviera, each day they distributed a different "Additional Onboard Savings" sheet focused on a different region, listing the range of discounts available in $ terms. Of course you could book any cruise any day, this is just how they organized the promo material. For example, the cruise we are going on next year (19 Sep 2013 Riviera "Mosaic Masterpiece" Barcelona to Lisbon) has current promo savings of up to $2,000 per stateroom or $1,000 per person. The additional onboard discount was $150pp Ocean View, $200pp Balcony (either A or B categories), $300pp Penthouse and $500pp OS/VS/OC suites. Onboard savings were generally proportional to the current promo savings - that is, the bigger the promo savings, the bigger the onboard savings.

Also, if you are considering changing TA's or shopping around, you can book "direct" onboard and then assign a TA within 30 days (not sure if you wait longer than that if you can assign the commission at all, or just not as easily). There were 2 groups onboard that TAs had put together with special tours, dinners, etc - we were part of one of those, and friends we met onboard decided to join us next year so I got the detailed instructions :)

Archived