If you're sailing on ryndam dec 2, please...

MYMOTHERSCHILD

Apparently Holland America Roll Calls plod along with so little activity that a cruiser sailing on another date logged into the Dec 2 Ryndam page for company, only to find the same snail's pace. Since I'm familiar with the ports, she emailed me for info and we've struck up an acquaintance. On some cruises only a a small percentage of passengers who sign up for Meet and Greet actually show up, so we'll be lucky to have three attend at the rate it's going. Please, if you're sailing on the 2nd help liven up the Roll Call boards.

MMC

PS I find passenger profiles interesting but I've noticed that some write nothing about themselves except for the cruisers they've taken. Why is that?

In the last few years I have joined in on only 1 Roll Call. I really wanted to meet some of the people on it. But as luck would have it -- at the time the Meet and Greet was scheduled -- there was a port talk about the only port that was new to us and we wanted to go to that instead.

Years ago one Roll Call that I joined -- only 8 of us showed up for an informal get-together. The person who started the Roll Call never showed up.

Some Roll calls do have a lot of participants -- others. The last one I joined and attended was back in 2009 -- and that one had over 70 people show up.

Archived