X Itineries after Panama Canal Expansion?

MAXII

Anyone have an idea when the Panama Canal expansion will be finished and/or which Celebrity ships will be carrying full crossing itineraries?

Having experienced travelling the Panama Canal a few years ago, we are so looking forward to doing another itinerary once the canal is finished but it seems the expansion has been delayed several times. :rolleyes:

Anyone have an idea when the Panama Canal expansion will be finished and/or which Celebrity ships will be carrying full crossing itineraries?

Having experienced travelling the Panama Canal a few years ago, we are so looking forward to doing another itinerary once the canal is finished but it seems the expansion has been delayed several times. :rolleyes:

Hi Maxii,

Per this website http://www.panama-guide.com/canal/ , the last completion "rumor", is April 2015, though I've read other comments, that it may be WELL beyond that. Unfortunately, as Celebrity's schedules are posted through April 2014, it's impossible to speculate what Celebrity might offer.

One thing that is for certain. When the expansion is complete, it will allow all Celebrity ships, including the Solstice Class to make the transit... which they cannot currently. It should open up many opportunities for Celebrity, and for all Cruise Lines.

I hope this helps !

Hi Maxii,

Per this website http://www.panama-guide.com/canal/ , the last completion "rumor", is April 2015, though I've read other comments, that it may be WELL beyond that. Unfortunately, as Celebrity's schedules are posted through April 2014, it's impossible to speculate what Celebrity might offer.

One thing that is for certain. When the expansion is complete, it will allow all Celebrity ships, including the Solstice Class to make the transit... which they cannot currently. It should open up many opportunities for Celebrity, and for all Cruise Lines.

I hope this helps !

Super, thanks Andy and glad to see you back:)

I am watching for the 2014 fall schedules for Solstice to see if she will return to Australia or transit the Panama after her summer in Alaska. Want to do the Panama again on an S class once the expansion is finished.

I see you are from Vancouver - we are on Vanc. Island. Last time we did the Panama out of Seattle, so hoping to do that agains once the expansion is finished.

Thanks both and have a great weekend/week ahead.

Archived