Taking hubby on a cruise in 2015!!!!

It has been a while since we had been on a cruise! (2009!) i want this to be a gift for him for completing his years in the army :) how should i give him this? and also i know they dont have dates for 2015 yet its just the year he is leaving the army :p

Get him a cruise certificate for which ever cruise line you want for however much you want to spend. They don't expire and he can use it whenever he decides to go once he retires/separates from the Army.

Get him a cruise certificate for which ever cruise line you want for however much you want to spend. They don't expire and he can use it whenever he decides to go once he retires/separates from the Army.

thats a great idea!!!!! I know he already said when we cruise again he wants Royal Caribbean!!!! :) do i get those on the website?

I've been known to be a little crazy with gift giving ideas, but here is how I gave my girlfriend her christmas/birthday Freedom cruise we took back in July:

I printed out the itinerary page from the RCI website that showed the islands we would be going, i folded that page up and put it into this:

Part 1:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000068UEA/ref=oh_details_o03_s00_i00

I put the Bilz box into a backpack, which i locked with my 4 digit gym lock that I had set to our cabin #. The backpack was wrapped in a box that would be her last present opened.

Part 2:

Her 2nd to last present she opened was this:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004IRXZ8A/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00

Just the light, I had used the markers to write about 40 4 digit numbers on the back of our bathroom door (the ink doesnt show up without the black light).

When she opened up the black light she was super confused, I told her it could be used to see spots that need to be cleaned. She fell for it, went into the bathroom where she found the door full of numbers - at this point she was even more confused.

I pulled her last gift out of its hiding spot in the bathtub, she opened it and figured out what the blacklight was for.

Needless to say it took her about 20 minutes of trying each combination to get the lock open, and then another 20 minutes to get the bilz box open.

Long story short, you can get creative like that - but I may have also had too much time on my hands...but I figure if its going to be a big present like a cruise, might as well make them work for it =p

It has been a while since we had been on a cruise! (2009!) i want this to be a gift for him for completing his years in the army :) how should i give him this? and also i know they dont have dates for 2015 yet its just the year he is leaving the army :p

I'm taking my BF on his first cruise in November...partly as a return from deployment gift! :-) enjoy!

I've been known to be a little crazy with gift giving ideas, but here is how I gave my girlfriend her christmas/birthday Freedom cruise we took back in July:

I printed out the itinerary page from the RCI website that showed the islands we would be going, i folded that page up and put it into this:

Part 1:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000068UEA/ref=oh_details_o03_s00_i00

I put the Bilz box into a backpack, which i locked with my 4 digit gym lock that I had set to our cabin #. The backpack was wrapped in a box that would be her last present opened.

Part 2:

Her 2nd to last present she opened was this:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004IRXZ8A/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00

Just the light, I had used the markers to write about 40 4 digit numbers on the back of our bathroom door (the ink doesnt show up without the black light).

When she opened up the black light she was super confused, I told her it could be used to see spots that need to be cleaned. She fell for it, went into the bathroom where she found the door full of numbers - at this point she was even more confused.

I pulled her last gift out of its hiding spot in the bathtub, she opened it and figured out what the blacklight was for.

Needless to say it took her about 20 minutes of trying each combination to get the lock open, and then another 20 minutes to get the bilz box open.

Long story short, you can get creative like that - but I may have also had too much time on my hands...but I figure if its going to be a big present like a cruise, might as well make them work for it =p

that is a great idea!!!! LOL im the type with to much time on my hands as well!

I'm taking my BF on his first cruise in November...partly as a return from deployment gift! :-) enjoy!

thats awesome!! please tell him thank you for me! and also i was going to do that but we dont know if he is getting deployed yet or not so ganna have to wait until 2015 but gives me lots of time to plan! :)

I've surprised my husband with 2 different trips.

The first one was a trip to San Fran to see the 49er's play. I set up a scavanger hunt with clues to his "main present". It was awesome and he said he had no idea!

The 2nd one was a trip to Las Vegas to see the Nascar race. We live here in Nascar country in NC, so we are huge fans! For this one, I had a surprise birthday party for him and had someone walk up an give him a gift (that was actually a clue, but he didn't know they were clue). Then, after he opened all the gifts, I had him open his big gift! I did a nice color booklet up and each page showed where we would be going (Las Vegas, Nascar race, Grand Canyon, Top of the World Restaurant, renting a Lamborghini for the day). Each page had the description & a picture. He was absolutely speechless!!!

I've surprised my husband with 2 different trips.

The first one was a trip to San Fran to see the 49er's play. I set up a scavanger hunt with clues to his "main present". It was awesome and he said he had no idea!

The 2nd one was a trip to Las Vegas to see the Nascar race. We live here in Nascar country in NC, so we are huge fans! For this one, I had a surprise birthday party for him and had someone walk up an give him a gift (that was actually a clue, but he didn't know they were clue). Then, after he opened all the gifts, I had him open his big gift! I did a nice color booklet up and each page showed where we would be going (Las Vegas, Nascar race, Grand Canyon, Top of the World Restaurant, renting a Lamborghini for the day). Each page had the description & a picture. He was absolutely speechless!!!

That sounds like a great idea!!!! I may take these ideas and combine them! :p

Archived