orlando Airport to Port Canaveral ? And hotels?

thesawch

Just wondering how most people get from the Orlando airport to the Port Carnival area. We fly in Friday night at 8:30 Pm and a saturday cruise on the Dream in Febuary. Just wondering best way to get to Port C for 4 adults. We are flying into the airport in Sanford Florida via Allegiant air so I am asuming its not the big airport in Orlando. Also where do you people stay when cruising out of Port Canaveral. Thanks

Just wondering how most people get from the Orlando airport to the Port Carnival area. We fly in Friday night at 8:30 Pm and a saturday cruise on the Dream in Febuary. Just wondering best way to get to Port C for 4 adults. We are flying into the airport in Sanford Florida via Allegiant air so I am asuming its not the big airport in Orlando. Also where do you people stay when cruising out of Port Canaveral. Thanks

Sorry its the Sanford/ Orlando airport we are flying into via Allegiant Air.

I live in Orlando and it's really not that far at all from Sanford to the Port. I would just grab a cab at the airport. As far as where to stay, I would suggest Cocoa Beach, which is about 10 minutes form the port. There's plenty of hotels there to choose from that will fit within any budget.

I live in Orlando and it's really not that far at all from Sanford to the Port. I would just grab a cab at the airport. As far as where to stay, I would suggest Cocoa Beach, which is about 10 minutes form the port. There's plenty of hotels there to choose from that will fit within any budget.

According to Google maps its 65 miles to Port Canaveral from sanford airport. I imagine that would be a pretty good dollar for a cab ride??

Try anything but Orlando Limo Service, we used the last Feb. and paid by credit card they charged us double the amount we were told . I called the owner twice, he asked me to call him back at a better time both times. Finally just gave up and promised to warn anyone wanting transportation in the Orlando area.

Try anything but Orlando Limo Service, we used the last Feb. and paid by credit card they charged us double the amount we were told . I called the owner twice, he asked me to call him back at a better time both times. Finally just gave up and promised to warn anyone wanting transportation in the Orlando area.
Ok Thanks will avoid them on principle.

I've cruised twice from PC, the first time we stayed pre cruise at the Hampton at mco and used Laura's shuttle to get to the port morning of the cruise. They were much cheaper than anyone else we found and the service was great. They picked us up at the hotel and dropped us off at the ship, and they were there waiting when we got off. Out second cruise from PC, we reserved Laura's shuttle again but read some tips online about renting a car and looked in to it and the price was even cheaper than the shuttle for two people. Check out budget rental cars and find a coupon code on rentalcarmomma dot com. They have a drop off right down the street from the port and will shuttle you back and forth. So we did two separate rentals, one from airport overnight and dropped off at pier and one back from pier to airport. With 4 people, this is probably your best bet!

Edited by aloesch

According to Google maps its 65 miles to Port Canaveral from sanford airport. I imagine that would be a pretty good dollar for a cab ride??

Yeah you're right, I just looked at it myself. I've never flown out of Sanford and didn't realize the airport was as far north as it was. OP, ignore my cab suggestion :o. Anyway...Travel Orlando Transportation is pretty reputable from airports and will probably be able to get you from the airport to Cocoa or the vicinity for <$100.

We also used Laura's shuttle. we stay at Sleep Inn on McCoy rod, where Laura's is based from. Makes it so easy, not having to worry about driving. I highly recommend them .

Hi

Do you recall what Lauras shuttle charged for round trip?

Thanks

We really like the raddison in Pt. Canaveral. Gives that vacation atmosphere with pool bar and live entertainment. They have a great shuttle service to the port. Multiple vans, very well organized. Btw for drivers you can leave your car for the week. Also great greek restaurant right next door & mcdonalds across the street for cheap breakfast if you dont want to eat in the hotel

We have rented from Hertz and drove to PC stayed at the Country Inn and Suites dropped our car off at Hertz and they took us to the ship. When we returned Hertz picked us up and got another car for the return trip. No problems at all.

We fly into Orlando in December. We are flying in on a Sunday and our cruise leaves on Monday. We have reserved a car from Budget Rental Car and we are staying in Orlando the night before the cruise because we wanted to do some sightseeing and shopping in Orlando.

The rental car is $55.00 for a one day rental. We will then drop the car off before going to the port. Budget has a shuttle to transport us to the port

With four people, I would suggest renting a van. That way you will have plenty of room for your luggage and passengers. Budget is close to the port. It will give you an opportunity to see some of the area and pick up anything extra that you didn't want to take on the plane. (Sodas, water, etc.)

What we have done twice now is rent a vehicle, stay at the Radisson at the Port, drive around the area and do some shopping or go out to eat. Then on the morning of the cruise, I take the vehicle back to Budget and the rest of our party stays at the hotel. Then I get on the Budget shuttle and they drop me off at the Radisson on their way to the ship. I then rejoin our party and take the Radisson shuttle to the ship.

We stay at the Radisson for a day or two after the cruise. Same thing in reverse. Party takes the Radisson shuttle to the hotel. I take the Budget shuttle and get another vehicle and head to the hotel. Then we drop off the vehicle at the airport. No charge for dropping it off at another location either. If you do rent a vehicle, make sure you fill it back up before leaving PC. Gas around the airport is a huge rip-off. I forgot to do it and wound up paying close to $8 a gallon through Budget.

Wow, I live near Orlando and Sanford is no where near the port! A cab would be really expensive. My suggestion would be to rent a car if possible. Most of the shuttle services service MCO (Orlando International Airport, not Sanford.) From Orlando we use Travelynx and love them, but I don't know if they service Sanford. (Travelynx.net)

I would stay in either Cocoa Beach or near the port at the Country Inns & Suites or the Residence Inn. The Radisson used to be great, but the reviews lately haven't been that good.

Also, if you go to the eastcoast departure board on here, and Fl departures, there is a thread named I work in Pt Canaveral and it has tons of info. Good luck and enjoy your cruise.

Just bumping this up in hopes you might see my question,Kona

Thanks Cindy

I believe it was 42/person roundtrip. We were very satisfied with them, the guy you talk to when you reserve is the owner and his son was the one who drove us. They were right on time picking us up from the hotel and made one other stop to pick up other people. When we got off three ship they were ready and waiting for us exactly where they said they would be. They handled all the luggage for us. I wouldn't hesitate to use them again at all.

Since you're not getting in until 8:30 (or later) and you'll be tired from a long day of travel, I would also suggest getting a hotel at the airport (Priceline/Hotwire) and rent a car for first thing in the morning. I would also drop off the 3 adults and luggage at the port while one (or two) of you returns the car. It's not fun trying to get on the shuttle with all your luggage. Do the same on the way back. Luggage and people stay at the port while one of you (whose name the car is in) takes the shuttle to pick up the car. Do make reservations so you aren't looking around for a car last minute. Good luck and have fun!!

I believe it was 42/person roundtrip. We were very satisfied with them, the guy you talk to when you reserve is the owner and his son was the one who drove us. They were right on time picking us up from the hotel and made one other stop to pick up other people. When we got off three ship they were ready and waiting for us exactly where they said they would be. They handled all the luggage for us. I wouldn't hesitate to use them again at all.

Thanks Ashley

We have them reserved for our cruise in December.

• 2 years later...
Sorry its the Sanford/ Orlando airport we are flying into via Allegiant Air.

Try Go Port Canaveral 855-755-4637, Really cheap rates from Sanford. They bundle everything, Hotel+Airport Transfer ( to and from ) + Cruise Transfers ( to and from ) for like 89 bucks

Try Go Port Canaveral 855-755-4637, Really cheap rates from Sanford. They bundle everything, Hotel+Airport Transfer ( to and from ) + Cruise Transfers ( to and from ) for like 89 bucks

FYI - corporate advertising not allowed here unless approved by cruisecritic.com. Stop posting your crap here, especially on discussion threads that are several years old. Your account will probably be cancelled soon enough

• 4 weeks later...
FYI - corporate advertising not allowed here unless approved by cruisecritic.com. Stop posting your crap here, especially on discussion threads that are several years old. Your account will probably be cancelled soon enough

I am sorry I will stop posting Ads