What do we do now ?

So that is it summer gone ?,both Olymipics finished (didn't they all do well)

even the Preston Guild has finished :confused:

all good fun , Tesco have some Christmas stuff in:rolleyes:

so anyone any ideas ?

I am going to plan for next year think maybe one week cruise then stay in Marmaris Imperial (loved it last time but did not do both)

As she will be 60 in March do not want a disco/ buffet thing in local etc

..............with people bringing lots of silly gifts, a DJ who should not be allowed to play records , and then aga doo rubbish etc

also peeps taking away all they can find from the ye buffet to take home for litttle Chardonay who has not eaten because we are on a do:rolleyes:

that's it a cruise shall be planned :)

Yours

Victor M

Stevie :D

Love it :D

Snap, I'm 60 in March too but we didn't want to cruise so early in year so ours is in May for it.

I'll have to take the weekend off work and hide :D on the due date.

You're a bit late sorting the cruise for such a special birthday.we booked ours last May. Well in advance.

Plenty to do for us at the moment with next cruise only about 11 days away :eek: Printing stuff off, sorting clothes, and all the usual pre cruise stuff to do

Berwyn

Your right Stevie the last thing you want is a do above a pub or some village hall . The relatives seem to enjoy it even down to the sounds of Agado and other nasty tunes :( In less than five minutes of your Magnificent buffet being open , you look again and it looks more like a dumpit site .Little Johnny (bless him ) biting the cheese off your coctail sticks and spitting the pickled onions back onto the platter as he not to keen on them :eek: You think to yourself "I'll get a takeaway later."

By now you and your lass are sat with a fixed suicidal grin on your faces hoping the night would end . At last it does end and everyones leaving even the disco have packed up and legged it . You step out of the venue and it's a freezing night and eveyones taxi is there ,yours is knowhere to be seen . You and your Mrs are now left on your own dithering wishing that taxi would hurry up . By now your muttering to your lass " Never again we should have hid somewhere like Berwyn did and I bet that Dave will be on a cruise having the time of his life ."

You need a cruise Stevie ;)

Your right there , partys are a thing of the past :rolleyes: Cruise wins everytime had a fab 1 for my 60th ..now trying to sneak another 1 in before the end of the year :eek: after all hubby will be 65 so must count :D looking at the Majesty at the moment and counting the pennies ,,,,we,ll see how things pan out .

Mrs.C

Your right there , partys are a thing of the past :rolleyes: Cruise wins everytime had a fab 1 for my 60th ..now trying to sneak another 1 in before the end of the year :eek: after all hubby will be 65 so must count :D looking at the Majesty at the moment and counting the pennies ,,,,we,ll see how things pan out .

Mrs.C

I can't cruise in 2013 because of other holiday commitments (doesn't stop me looking though) but will be the big 6 0 in 2014 and can't think of a better way to spend it :)

I can't cruise in 2013 because of other holiday commitments (doesn't stop me looking though) but will be the big 6 0 in 2014 and can't think of a better way to spend it :)

No cruise next year? That's bad:(

But celebrating a special birthday the next one is special. like me next year,

Just make sure you pick the right cruise to enjoy it on.

Berwyn

Any recommendations, Berwyn?

It depends on if you want to do it dead on the day or not. Like we're going in May even though my birthday will be in March. we didn't fancy the Med in March. I want to try the one that goes all the way up the Norwegian fiords up to Spitzbergen. But Delyth likes it warm and sunny when she cruises.

Also The one that goes to the Black Sea sounds good. A change from the usual Western and Eastern Med ones.

Berwyn

It depends on if you want to do it dead on the day or not. Like we're going in May even though my birthday will be in March. we didn't fancy the Med in March. I want to try the one that goes all the way up the Norwegian fiords up to Spitzbergen. But Delyth likes it warm and sunny when she cruises.

Also The one that goes to the Black Sea sounds good. A change from the usual Western and Eastern Med ones.

Berwyn

I agree that sometimes you can't go at your birthday. My birthday is in August and I don't like it too hot. Our 2 Med cruises were in July and it was debilitatingly hot. The Baltics we would do in August or the Fjords and North Cape. We too would love the Black Sea itinerary but would do that one late May, early June which is when we went on the Majesty this year and the weather was almost perfect.

I agree that sometimes you can't go at your birthday. My birthday is in August and I don't like it too hot. Our 2 Med cruises were in July and it was debilitatingly hot. The Baltics we would do in August or the Fjords and North Cape. We too would love the Black Sea itinerary but would do that one late May, early June which is when we went on the Majesty this year and the weather was almost perfect.

No, our 1st cruise was for Delyth's 50th birthday. That was in April 2008 and her birthday wasn't until October. I think that year was the longest birthday ever lol. By the time we started in April and she went out with the girls later in the year.

When we went to Southern Spain in July it was too hot. But we couldn't fit holidays with with work earlier. We only did it because we thought we'd get a longer excursion to Granada and the Alhambra than from a ship's excursion. I've seen Tracey's pics on FB to the Fiords and she went last month and weather wasn't fantastic. like you that's the sort of time we'd like to go. may / June or Sept.

Berwyn

By now you and your lass are sat with a fixed suicidal grin on your faces hoping the night would end

And when your mad uncle suddenly grabs the microphone to pay a rambling bonkers tribute to the birthday boy before leading the revellers in an impromptu demonic version of the hokey cokey

Little Chardonnay and her friends are sitting in a row against the wall fake tans aglow as they petulantly update each other on the proceedings by text

Tots are happily playing on the carpet with faces painted with avocado dip

and your charming old aunties (bosoms heaving) are singing along to stevie wonder….is it me your looking for……….

big mistake, big, MISTAKE

Isn't that Lionel Richie? Hello..........is it me you're looking for? :rolleyes::D

No that would be Stevie ,singing down the phone to the taxi company one hour and ten minutes after it should have arrived

to pick them up.:D

No that would be Stevie ,singing down the phone to the taxi company one hour and ten minutes after it should have arrived

to pick them up.:D

The song might go something like this:

I just called to say.............. (We've been waiting) All night long......All night.......All night long.......(and if you don’t pick us up soon) We'll be dancing on the ceiling

And when your mad uncle suddenly grabs the microphone to pay a rambling bonkers tribute to the birthday boy before leading the revellers in an impromptu demonic version of the hokey cokey

Little Chardonnay and her friends are sitting in a row against the wall fake tans aglow as they petulantly update each other on the proceedings by text

Tots are happily playing on the carpet with faces painted with avocado dip

and your charming old aunties (bosoms heaving) are singing along to stevie wonder….is it me your looking for……….

big mistake, big, MISTAKE

Big MISTAKE Wise words indeed:)

Stevie they could even get you up to dance to ... Errr ,MMM Oh I car'nt

even bring myself to say the name of the song :eek:

Should you be as foolish as to have a do,

then here are a few dance moves to help you through the night ...

:cool::D

On your way home at last in a nice warm taxi that has Rod Stewarts "we are sailing" playing softly in the background.

Glancing at you through the rear view mirror the cabbie asks "was the do any good mate?"

You try to answer but all comes from your mouth is a groan.

"I see that bad was it." The cabbie trying to make you feel good goes on to say .."

The mrs and me went to one of them do's-disco thingys her sister had ... Bloody nightmare matey.

Not for us ! We have decided on a cruise!

Mrs has only gone and booked us on the Thomson Dream.

As it turns out you are my last job of the night as we are off in the morning ....£1998 for the pair of us for two weeks !

Have you ever thought of going on a cruise mate?"..........

He looks at you again ...

I say mate are you OK ,you look a bit pasty if you don't mind me saying."

...........:D:eek:eyes.jpg:eek::D ;)

My 50 and 30th wedding anniversary (child bride.) is next year and I did not want a "party." so we booked a cruise. Two weeks on the Dream. However both sisters have decided to join so I am having the very best of worlds. A small celebration at home with the boys and a relaxed party with sisters and in-out laws on the ship. I think Champagne will be drunk a lot next year. Cheers.x ;)

Archived