Please Tell Me about the Enchantment of the Seas

Creepella

It has been several years, but I've been on Enchantment twice. First time for a balcony for us, after that we tried to do the Jr Suites on Monarch and Majesty. She is a beautiful ship - one of the most elegant interiors I've seen. I also love the arcs added to the pool deck.

The Solarium is great and having Chops is a real addition to the shorter cruises.

I'm looking forward to 3 and 4 nighters after she moves. I just wish Majesty was moving up to Port Canaveral and Enchantment was taking over Majesty's itenerary - I love going to Key West.

RADIO did an Enchantment? Cool! Thanks.

And thanks, temple1, that's the sort of info I'm looking for. Well, mostly I just want to hear about a ship, because it's going to be almost a year before I'm back on a Royal Caribbean ship.

In my self editing I left out - the balcony cabins on Enchantment are about the same size as the Jr Suites on Monarch. ;)

That's right - I forgot about the Bungee Trampolene.

Enchantment is going in for refurbishment late this year prior to her arrival to Port Canaveral....so she will have some new additions....

ENCHANTMENT of the SEAS®

Outdoor movie screen

R Bar

Chef’s Table

Digital Signage

Pervasive Wi-Fi

Flat-screen TVs

Concierge Club

Diamond Club

Nursery

We sailed on the Enchantment last fall and loved it. It's very well run and they do their best to make you feel special.

At first we had a problem with noise at night from up above us but the Guest Services folks worked very hard to get it stopped - and did, much to our delight. We'd sail her again in a heartbeat !! :D

We just got off the Enchantment and absolutely loved the ship. Lots of open deck space, huge open pool area, windows every where! Great staff, great Captain-Captain Gus and a cruise director John Blair who tried to ensure that everyone had a good time. Not sure what the refurbishment will entail---I thought maybe the atrium furniture was a bit drab and perhaps some of the carpeting was also drab. Other than that, it was just fine. We were very pleased also with the food and entertainment.

Enchantment is going in for refurbishment late this year prior to her arrival to Port Canaveral....so she will have some new additions....

ENCHANTMENT of the SEAS®

Outdoor movie screen

R Bar

Chef’s Table

Digital Signage

Pervasive Wi-Fi

Flat-screen TVs

Concierge Club

Diamond Club

Nursery

I can't wait as I will be on the December 15th cruise - the first one after the refurb. I'll take lots of pictures.

In my self editing I left out - the balcony cabins on Enchantment are about the same size as the Jr Suites on Monarch. ;)

That's right - I forgot about the Bungee Trampolene.

The Jr Suites on the Enchantment is the same size as the Sky Suite (full suite) on Celebrity Constellation!

Beautiful ship, and the crew is wonderful. I am very sorry that she won't be sailing out of Baltimore anymore. My loss is your gain. To do -- afternoon tea in the Windjammer. A nice selection of tea and treats, and my husband and I were always able to get a table looking out over the bow of the ship.

The Jr Suites on the Enchantment is the same size as the Sky Suite (full suite) on Celebrity Constellation!

Jr suite on RC is the same class as sky suite on X. Both use different color Sea Pass from regular cabins , and the premium suites (Gold)

Jr suite on RC is the same class as sky suite on X. Both use different color Sea Pass from regular cabins , and the premium suites (Gold)

I was on a Jr Suite on the Enchantment on my Bermuda cruise. The only perk that I got was priority boarding. Can't even get into the Concierge lounge. I had a Sky Suite on Celebrity Constellation on my Holy Land cruise last year and had butler service and paid may be triple the price of a Jr. Am I missing something???:D The only thing similar is the cabin size. This is from someone who has experienced both cabins.

They could be on the same class but why the price difference and perks? Can you enlighten me?

I was on a Jr Suite on the Enchantment on my Bermuda cruise. The only perk that I got was priority boarding. I had a Sky Suite on Celebrity Constellation on my Holy Land cruise last year and had butler service and paid may be triple or quadruple the price of a Jr. Am I missing something???:D The only thing similar is the cabin size. This is from someone who has experienced both cabins.

They could be on the same class but why the price difference and perks?

The only perk with Jr Suites on Royal is the priority boarding and double C&A points.

I was on a Jr Suite on the Enchantment on my Bermuda cruise. The only perk that I got was priority boarding. I had a Sky Suite on Celebrity Constellation on my Holy Land cruise last year and had butler service and paid may be triple or quadruple the price of a Jr. Am I missing something???:D The only thing similar is the cabin size. This is from someone who has experienced both cabins.

Yes. I have had 3 TA cruises on X in a skysuite, a B2B eastern Med and TA on RC in a JS, and a diamonds in December cruise.

I did not consider the butler to be a big benefit.

For both lines , these are the least expensive suites available, and they are characterised with a different color sea pass card in both cases. We have never done a back to back comparison of the two, pricewise. Plus , Trans atlantic cruises, at the time, tended to be less expensive anyway.

The only perk with Jr Suites on Royal is the priority boarding and double C&A points.

We just liked the additional size both offered. Were not looking for perks. That is why we did not think the butler was a big deal. DW did like the afternoon snack things, and he refilled our ice bucket. On RC, we had to call room service for fresh ice.

We did the X cruises , I would guess prior to 2008, and they were on the M class and Century, so there may be additional differences since then.

THe following year we switched to RC , and haven't back on X. We will be on the Reflection inaugural TA this November (no SS this time)

Yes. I have had 3 TA cruises on X in a skysuite, a B2B eastern Med and TA on RC in a JS, and a diamonds in December cruise.

I did not consider the butler to be a big benefit.

For both lines , these are the least expensive suites available, and they are characterised with a different color sea pass card in both cases. We have never done a back to back comparison of the two, pricewise. Plus , Trans atlantic cruises, at the time, tended to be less expensive anyway.

Thanks for explaining.... but for us the butler service was important . I had a Cruise Critic tea party for my lady friends I had been talking to on the roll call for over a year. Then another get together / birthday party for my cousin from California. And because it was such a port intensive cruise I did room service almost everyday. So for us it was worth it. Of course the butler had a hefty tip for all his help.

Happy cruising everone!!!

DW did like the afternoon snack things, and he refilled our ice bucket. On RC, we had to call room service for fresh ice.)

On your first meeting with your cabin steward he/she will typically ask about any specific needs. You can let your steward know at that time you would like fresh ice twice a day.

On your first meeting with your cabin steward he/she will typically ask about any specific needs. You can let your steward know at that time you would like fresh ice twice a day.

He will deliver it in the morning and evening during turndown. We used the butler to get if for us in the afternoon when the cabin steward is off duty and the morning ice has melted.

Archived