Cost of Spa Services on Nautica.

RTLS

In a word -- astronomical

I've been a spa-goer all my life -- including Canyon Ranch and the famous Miraval here in Tucson (Oprah's spa ranked #1 in the country). The on board spa on Nautica is more expensive. Go figure.

They did not get my business.

In a word -- astronomical

I've been a spa-goer all my life -- including Canyon Ranch and the famous Miraval here in Tucson (Oprah's spa ranked #1 in the country). The on board spa on Nautica is more expensive. Go figure.

They did not get my business.

Ah, but can Miraval move across the Ocean at 25mph?

nautica_12962540240.jpg

Kidding aside, that Spa is more expensive for the same reason that hot dogs cost more at the ballpark, and candy costs more at a theater concession stand.

Location, Location Location

The spa on the Celebrity S class ships (for comparison) is an Elemis spa and quite nice. They usually run a special - 3 massages for $300 - 350 (somewhere in that vicinity!) Location is the same. One massage on the Nautica was in excess of $200 (I believe 230 plus tip). Location or not, that price is simply not justifiable IMO.

If they simply brought the prices to a level of a high end hotel, they would get much more business.

Thanks everyone for taking the time to reply. I guess I'll wait until I board and then "just go for it"!

By the way, Rprbp24, I had done a search on this board and didn't come up with anything. Perhaps I had used incorrect wording.

Thankyou so much for that offer, doubledobos, and I will take you up on it. I'm most interested in a very simple full massage, hair styling and perhaps pedicure (depending on how my pre-cruise pedicure is lasting).

How do you want to send that to me? My email address is rjlusk@telus.net.

Thanks again

Although most days are port days on Oceania. . . . I did see a few spa specials in the Currents flyer while on our last cruise.

There were reduced rates on mani-pedi in Florence and another special for a message later in the cruise.

Good luck.

Thankyou so much for that offer, doubledobos, and I will take you up on it. I'm most interested in a very simple full massage, hair styling and perhaps pedicure (depending on how my pre-cruise pedicure is lasting).

How do you want to send that to me? My email address is rjlusk@telus.net.

Thanks again

As I understand it, it's against CC rules to privately email you, so I will post the Canyon Ranch info here so everyone can gain the knowledge.

A simple massage (Canyon Ranch Massage) for 50 minutes is $182, for 80 minutes is $253;

Hair styling

Short hair $60; Medium Hair $71; Long Hair $81

Pedicure

The least expensive is $81 and goes up from there, depending on the type you want. At that price, I would try to make sure my pedicure lasts.

Port days, prices are less, but that's up to the spa on what services they will lower prices on.

Hope this helps!

You can look up Canyon Ranch spas on canyonranch.com, but there are no prices listed on their website under Oceania.

Only if you are providing TA information

Spa menus are fine ;)

Sorry Lyn, but that is not the policy, this is a quote from the User Guidelines:

Answer Posts on the Boards, Not Via Email!

Please try to answer message board posts on the boards instead of E-mail when appropriate. There is a lot of great information that we're all missing because it is passing through private E-mail. There are of course times when private E-mail is more appropriate but if you have information that would be helpful to many people, please try to come back to the boards and post it rather than replying to a posting through E-mail.

Sorry Lyn, but that is not the policy, this is a quote from the User Guidelines:

It is not against the rules though as posted by Doubledobles

They would prefer you share the info here

other than TA information which IS against the rules

lyn

It is not against the rules though as posted by Doubledobles

They would prefer you share the info here

other than TA information which IS against the rules

lyn

Now, now Lyn, your manners are better than that...

When your host prefers that you do it in a certain way, then that is the rule ;)

I have to jump in here and support Lynn. The only reason I posted my email address was because I thought "Doubledobles" might have another idea as to how to get the information to me. Perhaps scanning the list or??? He/she chose to post the cost of a few different services and I appreciate that information.

In any case, I don't feel I was asking anyone to break any rule even after reading Jim and Stan's last post.

I have to jump in here and support Lynn. The only reason I posted my email address was because I thought "Doubledobles" might have another idea as to how to get the information to me. Perhaps scanning the list or???

I was thinking the same thing;)

I would have scanned the price menu (if I had it )

That is just me though

Lyn

As I understand it, it's against CC rules to privately email you, so I will post the Canyon Ranch info here so everyone can gain the knowledge.

A simple massage (Canyon Ranch Massage) for 50 minutes is $182, for 80 minutes is $253;

Hair styling

Short hair $60; Medium Hair $71; Long Hair $81

Pedicure

The least expensive is $81 and goes up from there, depending on the type you want. At that price, I would try to make sure my pedicure lasts.

Port days, prices are less, but that's up to the spa on what services they will lower prices on.

Hope this helps!

You can look up Canyon Ranch spas on canyonranch.com, but there are no prices listed on their website under Oceania.

I am wondering if the prices are the same on every cruise!!

Archived