Unusual Post??!! Would Love To See Pics Of Your "formal" Night Dress!!!

RMS95

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just wore a black little hot number and it was a hit! :p I did not see a lot of the prom dress thing happening on hte cruise I went on. On Christmas Day a lot wore red dresses! I wore a dark purple little number and I seen a lot of black through out the entire cruise! New Years Eve was a lot of everything! Sexy, shimmering, hot little numbers! Not trashy but sexy very tasteful! :p

• 2 weeks later...

Here are a few... After the first 2 cruises, I got sick of going all out. There are people there that go to both extremes. From a skirt & t shirt - to - ball gowns and a tux. I figure if we hit a nice medium, it will be fine.... I don't have any on the computer anymore from the first cruises, but here are the last few. I finally found a capri outfit that has black sequins..it's a little more dressy than normal, but still comfy and I don't feel like I can't move...;)

FormalNightPhoto.jpg

FormalNightwithMinnie.jpg

And Lord bless my Daddy in his burgundy jacket....ugh!:cool:

pFormalNight.jpg

OK, I'll just have to contribute here. I know that the OP was asking about women's clothing, but she doesn't specifically say women only. So..... here I am in my formal clothes:

brucekilt.jpg

The "R" in my member name is for Robertson. That is my Clan's tartan in my kilt.

I love it, you look great. My family's Scotish as well. Our last name is Birnie but we wear the Mathison tartan. I was thinking of takming my kilt on our cruise this December but I am thinking it might be too hot in the Caribbean heat.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Sorry, I dont have any recent pics, but most cruise lines have considerably relaxed the dress code for formal nights. RCCL says they won't bar you from the dining room if you're not in formal attire, but they will not let you in dressed in blue jeans, shorts or tee shirts. Most lines will allow you to attend in smart casual if you really dont want to dress up. It's really up to you to dress up or down as you like. Everyone has a different comfort level. I personnaly like to dress up. I think it makes the whole cruising experience more memorable. Don't sweat the small stuff :rolleyes:

Would this be okay to wear for one of my formal nights? I don't want to be a sore thumb. :eek:

me_me.jpg

I would be fine. I love the dress. I wore a beaded dress that wasn't floor length on the last cruise and I really loved the length. IT was so much easier to get up and down steps, etc.

Judi

Would this be okay to wear for one of my formal nights? I don't want to be a sore thumb. :eek:

me_me.jpg

I think it is a very nice dress to wear for Formal night, i usually wear a shorted cocktail type dress also but i just bought me a beautiful beaded long dress to wear for my next cruise, it will be the first time wearing a long one.

151437595_753c8afa6a.jpg

We only got pics 1 of the 2 formal nights. The 1st formal night I was running late... This was the 2nd formal night.

For our cruise next month - I am bringing a dressy/kinda formal sundress from Ann Taylor. Not sure what I am wearing the other night yet. I may wear something more funky/casual and dress it up with jewelary.

• 3 weeks later...

I like the dress, kitten ohio. I'm wearing a dress that isn't quite formal. I wore it to my gradnparent's 60th anniversary party a few years ago. It's black and tea length, with cream butterflies outlined in pearlike beading and I bought a very nice black georgette triangle beaded wrap to go with it. I have the perfect dressy suit to wear but it's gotten to be a little too tight. I'll have to save it for the next special occasion when I've lost more weight.