Live from the LEGEND II - May 18th

MrPete

We were on the lido deck.....

It was probably because I was having a fit after having a fight with the bar person, after waiting 10 minutes to be told they were closing. That's just about when JFritz approached me. Oh well.:eek:

I slept through most of the storm. Wife tells me after I found her awake in one of the bedrooms. I just went "What storm?", went out, watched a couple of thunderbolts and the waves, and went back to bed.

No one groped me the whole week

:(

Yes, we had a great time. Did you try the supper club? Did you get to see the brig?

I'm gonna see if I can get some pix loaded into Webshots.

Hi Pete,

Sorry the trip wasn't everything you had anticipated. You obviously made lemonade out of lemons. The sign of a true cruiser. :)

I would have to agree Bret Alans is the absolute worst possible. I had to leave most of his events. Was absolutely embarrassed for him thinking, "Poor baby, you're so bad, and you aren't even aware of it". AARRRGH ! ! Can't understand why he's still around. :confused:

We didn't get to do the supper club, we had reservations, but cancelled. Long story short-we were not happy with our table the first and second night, we had a party of 6 and the table was soooooo hot, it was upstairs and near the food elevators. We changed to another location and really liked our waiter and asst waiter. We had Jesus and Juti. They were fabulous, so we decided to stay in the dining room the night we had reservations. We were not able to get any reservations for any other day.

More later, have to get coffee

I never caught the guys name, but he and his assistant were VERY good. He let me see your room. I will write up something a little later. Right now I'm loading up my pics!

I liked how large the room was, even though the balcony was small. I also saw your room while on board. The occupant of the room, I'll call her R. R was a pistol. She was drunk most of the time, told me my skirts were too short, popped her head around the balcony divider a number of times and tried to set her bed on fire. She was constantly yelling off of her balcony to her daughter in law, who was two decks up and a few rooms over. Then to top it off, she kissed me goodbye( No, she wasn't sober). The room stewards were extremely patient with her. They must be saints, I would've thrown her off the balcony. She was constantly complaining to them about something. I'm looking forward to your review. I'm going to look at your pics now.

I also justed returned on the Legend today. I actually didn't mind those large waves at night. I slept right through them and was told about them in the morning. It seems they just rock me to sleep (or was it the drinks that put me out).

My friend and I did a lot of watching from the balcony because when it was windy it was a bit warmer there then up on the Lido deck.

I have to agree that all in all the cruise was very good. My only complaint is Carnival needs to find a way to spend more time on Tortola. It's seems like you no sooner get settled, then it is time to leave.

I wish I had another cruise booked but alas I am going to have to wait for that. It seems every few weeks they are making changes at work and who knows what will happen.

Sounds like you had a good cruise and I'm jealous you are cruising again in June. If you have extra room in your suitcase, keep me in mind!

Marsha

Wife and I just got in a few hours ago from the Legend. Had a blast and wife was trying to book another cruise on me :D . I think that the cruise itself was great, the staff was wonderful, the food was plentiful *could have done without Indian night* hope i don't offend and all in all it was awesome. Sorry we didn't get to meet any of you, we hung out on the lido until our massage which caused us to miss pulling out of NY. Brett Alan is a wierd guy but i think he is perfect for the older crowd that was aplenty on this cruise. I lost count of the number of canes i saw on the ship. Anyway, I would do that cruise again in a heartbeat even with the limited time in ports, but it sure beat being at work.

Sorry if i offended anyone older on the board, wife just told me that that comment may have been a bit insensitive :( .

P.S.- If i did meet any of you and didn't know it I was the guy who got a tattoo in st. thomas. :)

cruiseeninja,

Glad you had a great time. You mentioned there were a lot of older people on the ship. Did you see any families with little kids? We are in our thirties with two little ones. Any wild teens or college kids?

Thanks!

cruiseeninja,

You mentioned there were a lot of older people on the ship. Did you see any families with little kids? We are in our thirties with two little ones. Any wild teens or college kids?

Thanks!

We saw a good number of families, but most of the kids seemed to be occupied with Carnivals childrens program, except when families where eating together. In our experience all the little ones we saw were well tended by their parents and as far as wild teens or college kids, the wildest group was 35-50 year olds. That age group knows how to party :) :) !!! Don't let that scare you, those people who were partying hard were still being respectful of others, so you shouldn't worry about exposing your little ones to anything they shouldn't see for a few more years.

so you shouldn't worry about exposing your little ones to anything they shouldn't see for a few more years.

...then you missed the dry humping at the pool on the massage chair, the hairy chest contest, and the lido slide against the pool edge, all three with the benefit of mooning.

:eek:

...then you missed the dry humping at the pool on the massage chair, the hairy chest contest, and the lido slide against the pool edge, all three with the benefit of mooning.

:eek:

Yikes!!! I definately did miss those. We saw the contestant selection of the hairy chest contest but left soon after to go 'take a nap' ;) We did check out the travelog when it was aired and didn't see anything that looked inappropriate since most of the events were outside events where kids were always present. But i still think that the active partiers were well behaved for a bunch of drunks.:)

Pete,

Thanks so much for the pics....I'm going to email them to my fellow sailers. Your daughter is BEAUTIFUL.

Nice photo of the "broken" waterslide. *sigh* looks like it could have been fun. Not that a waterslide could ruin any cruise I'm on. Your weather didn't look like it was going to be so great pulling into St. Thomas either. I'm glad it held off for you guys so you could get off the ship and do something.

I'm sorry though....dry humping at the pool? lol. Wow!

I'm sorry though....dry humping at the pool? lol. Wow!

Yeah. And it was being filmed as well by the video crew. It never made the air though. Security finally came by and broke it up, especially pissed that the massage chair was in the pool (the shallow part).

Meanwhile, I was making sure DD was not catching any of this. She was busy making and offering FRENCH SNAILS in water shoes to the pax lined up around the pool.

Talk about two extremes!

:rolleyes:

Gross. Who wants to watch that? I'm sure the filming only encouraged it too. Yucky.I'm glad your daughter missed it. If my kids had to watch that...

Good thing she was distracted. :rolleyes:

had a blast!!! too many kids and elderly people (no offense)for my taste though, but i expected that. i was suprised at the number of people my age (24) on the ship, we all had such a great time...sorry if the "dry humping" offended lol but it was spring break!! i wasn't participating but i was cheering lol.

can't wait for my next cruise, oh and i agree brett alan was a complete geek...i did enjoy YO RICHIE though!!!

.sorry if the "dry humping" offended lol but it was spring break!! i wasn't participating but i was cheering lol.

I don't think anyone was closer than me, at 4 feet or less from the action, at the head of the pool on the wall. But don't ask me why I didn't move......

Thanks for the review. How were the other shows?

We caught 2 comedians, a jazz/blues singer, and a couple of carnival productions. The comedians were your typical comedians: racial jokes in use when nothing else was bringing in the laughs. I'm not easily offended at all but at one point i was ready to go after the 2nd comedian ripped into the races that comprised a good amount of our waiters in the lounge. 1 or 2 jokes about each race as a whole isn't too bad, but nailing the same race over and over again was just ridiculous. Not sure if anyone else caught on to this but he definately offended our servers. Not cool in my book. :( The jazz/blues singer had a great voice and did a great job, she was never truly embraced by the audience. The carnival productions were very good. The only down side to the carnival shows was that the A/V guys had the mic's on the band turned up a bit too high so they would over power the singers at times. That's my review on the shows, definately worth going to see the true talented people but i would think twice about going to see the comedy if they are going to do nothing but rip on the people who are doing a great job keeping us happy. Like i said earlier i am in no way easily offended but some people in the lounge seemed to have forgotten that the same people they are busting a gut over are the same people who are making things wonderful for them.

Archived