Boarding by C&A status

catrick

Hi All, we'll be boarding The Allure in less then two weeks, yay! My DH and I are Emerald and the couple traveling with us are Gold. Since we are together, would they be allowed to stand in the Emerald boarding area with us? No kids, just the two of them. They are in a seperate cabin.

Hi All, we'll be boarding The Allure in less then two weeks, yay! My DH and I are Emerald and the couple traveling with us are Gold. Since we are together, would they be allowed to stand in the Emerald boarding area with us? No kids, just the two of them. They are in a seperate cabin.

The boarding process varies by port, but my experience has been that the folks in the terminal area usually allow the entire party to board together with the highest C&A level. The priority boarding period is very quick, taking just a few minutes, so there's not a huge difference either way.

^ Agreed, the check-in process for Oasis/Allure at their own terminal is the fastest and most efficient we have ever encountered. For us, there wasn't even time to think about C&A status, priority boarding and the like, it was that fast.

To answer you, they will probably be permitted to board with you but having said that, if not, I would choose to stay with them. The C&A check-in line is not really a huge benefit at this very efficient terminal, IMO.

Have fun. :)

My husband has a platinum status and the couple we were traveling with and myself were only gold status. It was their second cruise ( first on Royal) and therefore we did not want to leave them in the line. We could have gotten in the platinum line but as was previously stated the regular line was not busy and we were at the head of the line before we could even think about changing to the platinum line. We did not see the platinum and other crown and anchor reward lines until we were already in the regular line. It was a very efficient process.

^ Agreed, the check-in process for Oasis/Allure at their own terminal is the fastest and most efficient we have ever encountered. For us, there wasn't even time to think about C&A status, priority boarding and the like, it was that fast.

To answer you, they will probably be permitted to board with you but having said that, if not, I would choose to stay with them. The C&A check-in line is not really a huge benefit at this very efficient terminal, IMO.

Have fun. :)

The same here. We walked into the terminal and up to a clerk. There wasn't even time to look around the terminal and take in the sights. That is probably why to this day I still can't visualize the terminal very well.

Archived