RCI is rolling out new menus

happy cruzer

Who cares!

The people that sail on more than one cruise line, like me.

You know, not everybody is a hardcore, one cruise line only, Carnival cheerleader.

You know, not everybody is a hardcore, one cruise line only, Carnival cheerleader.

I agree. There's many here who don't have the time to read ALL of CC.

Thanks OP. Menu's look great!

I can only guess some only read their local paper. This way they can live in their own little world.

Thank you OP.

Interesting! Thanks for sharing. Though I'm a loyal Carnival cruiser, I've sailed Royal before. And while Carnival remains my first choice, I wouldn't turn down a Royal cruise in the future. This is interesting because one of my biggest complaints from Royal were the menus. Always felt they were pretty simple, small portioned and lacked much creativity in presentation.

Thank you. We have cruised both RCl and CCL, finding the food and price was better on Carnival. I am tempted however to do a 4 day out of Tampa on Jewel rather than 4 day out of PC on Ecstasy. The Jewel is more money but if the food has improved maybe? I need some impartial advice. I don't want to get bashed here on these boards. My gut tells me the Jewel is nicer and I need to bite the bullet. You get what you pay for, but I don't want to overpay for the RCL experience.

Thank you. We have cruised both RCl and CCL, finding the food and price was better on Carnival. I am tempted however to do a 4 day out of Tampa on Jewel rather than 4 day out of PC on Ecstasy. The Jewel is more money but if the food has improved maybe? I need some impartial advice. I don't want to get bashed here on these boards. My gut tells me the Jewel is nicer and I need to bite the bullet. You get what you pay for, but I don't want to overpay for the RCL experience.

I hope you won't get bashed just for stating you will pay more for an experience you used to get on Carnival for a better price. You will also find its a bit nicer sailing with others that pay a little more for a better experience.

Years ago we sailed the Jewel when she was new. Loved the layout of the ship. I would sail her again with the new menus.

Glad some liked seeing RCIs new menus. I hope competition is a good thing for us all.

They downsized them and changed the name to sliders. Sliders are on the everyday menu.

The more ordinary the food, the more cruise lines tend to use fancy names on the menus to make it sound appealing.

Any chance you can post menus and food pictures on the RC menu?

Where's the meatloaf and mac & cheese?? Ugh! :mad:

Undeniable that Carnival has specifically endeavoured to conform their menu to the perceived tastes of their target market, which is, I guess as it should be. Royal Caribbean on the other hand, while still very much a mainstream, rather than premium line, is attempting to project some degree of upscale quality to their dining experience. Now I'm referring here to menu only; not actual food quality, which I've found to be rather hit or miss on both lines. FWIW, I liked their old menus better - I'm going to REALLY miss my onion tart and creme brulee.

Archived