Question: Booking an Early Saver with unborn baby

cherrycola

Hello,

My husband and I are planning to book a Carnival Cruise for December 2013. We are interested in booking an Ocean Suite. We will be travelling with our oldest son (3 and half years by then), and our unborn baby, who is due in early December of this year, so baby will be one year old at time of cruise.

We want to take advantage of the early saver fare, and understand that it has non refundable deposit, with no name change allowed.

Our cruise consultant suggested to book for the 3 of us, and then add the baby later.

Is this even possible? The room we are interested in is room 7623 on the Liberty. From the website it says it only has 3 person occupancy. However, when I tried to 'pretend' to book for four, people, I was able to select that particular room. Do you think this will be ok?

Does anyone have any other advice for this situation?

TIA

i'd try to find a room for 4, and book that now. it's far enough out that they 'shouldn't' be capacity controlled, bump you, etc. and then book for the 3 of you now, and add the baby later... ask your cruise consultant (i assume pvp) why there's a discrepancy in what you're seeing to show 3 capacity, but able to book for 4.

Did you perhaps mean 7263? there is no 7623...Cabin 7263 has a single convertible couch, and as Liberty was launched after 2000, they will not allow you to put a 4th person in a 3 person cabin, no matter what the website allows you to do. Also, you are more than a year out...No hurry to book. Wait until after the baby is born. Or book another fare code with a fourth person you know will not be going, and do a name change after the baby is born. EM

I'm sure someone knows better than me but, I think ES is available up to five months before a cruise.

I have never been interested in a particular room so I don't know if there is something special about the room you want that would make it of interest to others.

If it were me, I would just wait till after the baby is born to make reservations.

Hello,

My husband and I are planning to book a Carnival Cruise for December 2013. We are interested in booking an Ocean Suite. We will be travelling with our oldest son (3 and half years by then), and our unborn baby, who is due in early December of this year, so baby will be one year old at time of cruise.

We want to take advantage of the early saver fare, and understand that it has non refundable deposit, with no name change allowed.

Our cruise consultant suggested to book for the 3 of us, and then add the baby later.

Is this even possible? The room we are interested in is room 7623 on the Liberty. From the website it says it only has 3 person occupancy. However, when I tried to 'pretend' to book for four, people, I was able to select that particular room. Do you think this will be ok?

Does anyone have any other advice for this situation?

TIA

I've booked this way before. You just leave the 4th persons name blank, and add it later.

You can book now at a rate that allows name changes, put the baby as name to be determined, you'd need the help of carnival with that~ and then once you have the baby and s/he's named you can then switch over to early saver rate as long as it's available. that way you get the room you want, and the ES benefits~

We booked when daughter was pregnant and were advised to book my unborn grandchild as

Baby then their last name. She is now 4 months old and we were able to call and sub her name for Baby. At age 6 months and 2 days she will board the Dream for her first cruise.

Then next Nov will board the Sunshine for a TA crossing.

Archived