Bar Credit Coupons

iloverags2

Question about the bar credit coupons that can be purchased ahead of time. They state each one is good for one bar beverage up to 5.75 (including gratuity). There is very little on the bar menu for $5 or less. Will they use the coupon for a higher cost drink and the cruiser just pays the difference, or does the cruiser need to find something on the menu that will be $5 or less? Seems like a poor gift choice if that is the case.

IIRC, they just apply $5.75 to the price of any drink that costs more than that. Haven't used these coupons for a few years though.

You only save $0.86 per drink (the gratuity)...I don't think I'll purchase them again - I had to make sure I had the coupons with me, and was worried about losing them. But I guess for a gift they're ok.

I used them when I was on the Victory last year and in my opinion they are well worth it. I have found that if you like rum and coke (simple drinks like that) it will run about $5.75 with the gratuities included in the price. If you purchase over the $5.75 you only pay gratuity on the portion that isn't covered so you still save money (in my opinion). :o

Thank you for the replies! The thing I do not care for regarding the OBC is that it seems now you have to purchase it as Fun Ship Dollars, which are then mailed, and then have to be converted to an OBC. An awful lot of work for that!

They will use the money for drinks regardless if it is an OBC or Bar Credit Coupon, so as long as they can purchase anything and just pay the difference this will work well!

Thanks again everyone!

In the address for the gunship dollars list "on board credit" with your booking number and they'll apply them directly to your acct.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Simple enough! Thanks! Would I just list "on board credit" and booking number on each address line?

Your best bet is to purchase "Funship Dollars" as a gift for someone else (or for yourself). You can use them against any on-board charge. We usually sail with at least $500 in OBC to minimize the shock of the final bill.

I agree that the funship dollars are probably a better idea being that they are used for anything. Then you don't have to carry drink coupons around!

Archived