Torn...family vaca or romantic anniversary

rach1fun

We are all for a family vacation. Like others have said, they will be gone before you know it. Plus the kids can go to the camps and you and the hubby can still have your romantic cruise. We couldn't afford vacays when our kids were younger, now we get in as much time as we can since ours our growing so fast and will be on their own soon. Like my DH and I say, we have many years to cruise alone and literrally like 5 left with the kids. :(

We often on vacations went with the kids and grandma and grandpa. Grendma and Grandpa would say hey you guys go out tonight and have a nice romatic dinner and we'll have a wonderful time with your darlings. We usually on trips like this do about three evenings out just me and DH (usually every other night) // win-win.

Wow.....

I guess I am in the minority! I say for your 10th Anniversary, you go with your DH, and enjoy yourself..... but since crusing is so addictive, you have to PROMISE to take your kids for an awesome family cruise in 2-3 years, when they a bit older!!

We are getting ready to go our on 13th cruise...... and 9 have been with our kids.

We are celebrating our 20th Anniversary, and have decided not to take the kids for the first time since 2005. Do I feel guilty? Yes, a bit. Will I miss them? Maybe a little ;) But we are really looking forward to just doing NOTHING - and enjoying each other. We need it.

Whatever you decide.. there is NO WRONG ANSWER!! Do what is right for YOU!! Yes, kids grow fast.... yes, family time is important... but so is the one on one time that you have with your DH .... and you need to celebrate YOU!!

Catrin

Archived