Quebec City Pier 30 distance to Le Port Royale

I have been looking on several maps of Quebec City and I can't find where Pier 30 is. Our ship, NCL Dawn, is due to dock at Pier 30, but we're staying at the Le Port Royale on 144 Rue St-Pierre. I thought it was supposed to be very close, but now I have my doubts. Can we walk across the street dragging our suitcases, as I had hoped, or will we have to get a taxi.

I have been looking on several maps of Quebec City and I can't find where Pier 30 is. Our ship, NCL Dawn, is due to dock at Pier 30, but we're staying at the Le Port Royale on 144 Rue St-Pierre. I thought it was supposed to be very close, but now I have my doubts. Can we walk across the street dragging our suitcases, as I had hoped, or will we have to get a taxi.

http://www.portquebec.ca/index.php?o...d=11&Itemid=61

We are on the Gem in 5 days and I posted this on our rollcall. Might help you too. Click on Estuaire

http://www.portquebec.ca/index.php?o...d=11&Itemid=61

We are on the Gem in 5 days and I posted this on our rollcall. Might help you too. Click on Estuaire

Thanks for that link. It really helps....

I am also on the Dawn 26 October, and couldn't figure out where pier 30 was. The last time I cruised NCL to Quebec City, we docked way upriver, I believe at Pier 103?, quite a way upriver, past the Citadel. They even provided comp. shuttle buses to and from the old city area. I have also seen some ships use Pier 93 in the Coast Guard area just on the other side of the Levis Ferry from the main Pier 20/21 terminal.

Pier 30 looks like it is in the cargo area near that big grain elevator. A strange location. Will just have to wait and see. A plus is it seems closer to the Palace Station rail/bus terminal for those coming in that way...

I will be on the Dawn in Quebec City on Oct. 12. How did all of you find out that the Dawn would be docking at Pier 30? I had just thought we would be at the pier across from the Civilization Museum where every other ship I have been on there has docked.

Well, this puts us up close to the market too. Is the market worth going to?

Indiana - thanks for the map.

Edited by travelbig

• 2 weeks later...

We were on the Gem that docked at the pier. Our stay in Quebec was mid-cruise and NCL had shuttles running back and forth to Lower Town in Quebec City. It was a 20 minute ride. If I were you, I would definitely take a cab if I had to lug suitcases. We met somme people who did the market and said it was great and terrific prices. They took a pedi-cab there and a city bus back to Lower Town. If you walked to the market, it would be midway between the pier and Quebec City. There was water between the ship and the market so you would have to walk around the water. Quebec City was beautiful-enjoy!

Nancy

We were on the Gem that docked at the pier. Our stay in Quebec was mid-cruise and NCL had shuttles running back and forth to Lower Town in Quebec City. It was a 20 minute ride. If I were you, I would definitely take a cab if I had to lug suitcases. We met somme people who did the market and said it was great and terrific prices. They took a pedi-cab there and a city bus back to Lower Town. If you walked to the market, it would be midway between the pier and Quebec City. There was water between the ship and the market so you would have to walk around the water. Quebec City was beautiful-enjoy!

Nancy

Thanks for this info.

Hi: You will need a taxi to reach your hotel. The path for walking is gravel and the hotel is about a mile from where you are docked. The taxi will have to go around the marina to your hotel. You can google it on maps.

Dave

Hi: You will need a taxi to reach your hotel. The path for walking is gravel and the hotel is about a mile from where you are docked. The taxi will have to go around the marina to your hotel. You can google it on maps.

Dave

Thanks, Dave! We'll get a cab as you suggested. I appreciate the help!:)

We were just at that hotel earlier this week. It took us maybe 3 min. to get there after retrieving our bags in the main terminal. It is too bad you won't be at the terminal. Are you sure if you are disembarking the ship doesn't stop there?

We were just at that hotel earlier this week. It took us maybe 3 min. to get there after retrieving our bags in the main terminal. It is too bad you won't be at the terminal. Are you sure if you are disembarking the ship doesn't stop there?

I'm sorry that I wasn't clear. We will be staying at the Le Port Royale the night before we embark. So we will be leaving the hotel to find our ship, NCL Dawn. I have read that it will be at dock 30. I guess the hotel concierge will be able to find a cab for us when it's time to leave. Thanks for the guidance everyone.:)

I'm sorry that I wasn't clear. We will be staying at the Le Port Royale the night before we embark. So we will be leaving the hotel to find our ship, NCL Dawn. I have read that it will be at dock 30. I guess the hotel concierge will be able to find a cab for us when it's time to leave. Thanks for the guidance everyone.:)

Yes the desk clerk will call a cab whenever you are ready. Takes just a couple min as they are "cruisng" the area constantly. No concierge at the hotel. ;)

• 9 months later...
  • 2 years later...