Mini Suite - Star

surmy555

Considering a mini suite on the Star for Alaska next year instead of the Caribe Balcony I have booked now.

Are the balcony's any bigger on the mini suite's vs the Caribe deck? or is the extra square footage just the cabin itself?

Any advantage to the Dolphin vs. Emerald deck mini suites?

Any specific mini suites that are larger than the others?

Thanks for the help

Caribe deck balconies are larger than minisuite balconies but the minisuites have more indoor space. Plus the bathrooms have a tub and are a bit bigger. I always book minisuites. I prefer the minis on Emerald because they have covered baloconies and I love the location. If you book one of these book on Starboard so that you don't get any noise form the lounge below. Also if you can, book the last one E729 or E731 (not sure which number on the Star). That cabin will have an extended balcony which in part faces the aft. I am on the Sapphire for Alaska next September and I have E731.

Considering a mini suite on the Star for Alaska next year instead of the Caribe Balcony I have booked now.

Are the balcony's any bigger on the mini suite's vs the Caribe deck? or is the extra square footage just the cabin itself? -- the mini-suite cabin is larger with a sitting area, couch and 2nd TV. The bathroom is larger with a tub/shower rather than just a shower. A Caribe balcony is about 9'x9'; a mini-suite balcony is about 9'x7'.

Any advantage to the Dolphin vs. Emerald deck mini suites? -- depends on your point of view. The Dolphin deck mini's are uncovered and exposed to the balconies above plus you get a lot of sun. The Emerald deck mini balconies are fully covered and private. They are otherwise, the same size, both cabin and balcony. Some people prefer the Dolphin, some prefer the Emerald. Going to Alaska, you might want a balcony that's protected from the weather because it can be rainy, windy and cold. If it were me, I'd book the Emerald deck mini-suite.

Any specific mini suites that are larger than the others? -- all the same

Please note that a mini-suite is NOT a suite. It's really the equivalent of a "superior verandah cabin" on other cruise lines. There are no perks other than what you pay for and a glass of (bad) sparkling wine at sailaway.

All minis regardless of deck are the same size, they have larger bathrooms with full tub which includes the shower and an extra sofa,2 flat screen TVs and lots of storage,we love them. The minis on Dolphin deck have an uncovered balcony,so people can look down from the higher decks which takes away some of your privacy and you have no protection from the sun. The balconies are a bit smaller then the ones on C deck, but not by much,they still are larger then most other decks and you should get a larger table for outside eating then regular balcony cabins. There are a few very popular minis at the back of Emerald deck, they are the same but the balconies are covered by the deck above them, if you want one of those you need to book early, since they go away super fast,especially the very last mini which has a balcony that wraps part way around the back of the ship,giving you more room.Go to princess ************ select ships and cabins to get pictures of cabins, locations and deck planes. Hope this helps,have fun on your cruise:D

For our two future cruises we have booked mini-suites on the Emerald Deck because of the completely covered balcony and sitting area (with sofa). The very end ones tho do NOT have a wrap-around balcony, they have an extended balcony. Your balcony door will face port or starboard (depending on the cabin) and once out on the balcony you can see an AFT view.

Here's a photo from the Golden showing this type of balcony. This is cabin E729 on the Golden Princess. 1/2 of the balcony is cut off in the photo. Look at the link below to see more of the rest of this balcony.

manip_E729%20balcony.jpg

more of their photos at: http://old.tomandemily.com/CruisePics/PrincessGolden2007/Golden%20Princess%20Cabin%20E729/html/E729%20balcony.html

Archived