Tuxedo Rentals

OC Mom

We're thinking about renting a tux on our Valor cruise instead of buying and packing formals for dh (he actually doesn't even own a suit).

Do we have to worry that Carnival will run out of tuxedos in dh's size?

Does one rental price get you the tux for the whole cruise (ie: both formal nights)?

I heard some time back that there were outside companies that rent tuxedos and deliver them to the ship. Anyone have any info??

Thanks so much. :D

step 1 go to the carnival web sight - gifts section.

step 2 select formal wear and then download and print the tux order form

step 3 take the order form to your local mens shop and have them do the measurements

step 4 send the order form in

step 5 when you get on the ship pick up your tux at the "Formalities" desk.

dark suit (you'd be surprised what you can get at Pennys or Value City.--Why throw the $ down the toilet when you can have a suit--which I'm sure would come in handy at home--weddings--funerals, etc.;)

The price includes the tx plus 2 shirts. you can use it the whole week. The price does not include shoes or socks. Shoes cost 10 bucks for the week.

If you dont order it ahead of time you go to the Formalities place and they will fit you .. they have quite a few tuxes onboard.

Okay, we've decided that we're gonna rent a tux :). I know that you take the Carnival sheet of required measurements to a suit/tux shop to get your measurements taken. What place does this for someone who obviously won't be a customer?

Okay, we've decided that we're gonna rent a tux :). I know that you take the Carnival sheet of required measurements to a suit/tux shop to get your measurements taken. What place does this for someone who obviously won't be a customer?

Go to any tux shop. It customary in the industry, because many people get fitted for a tux for out of state weddings.

• 4 months later...

My DH bought a great tux on E-bay for $50 including the shirt, vest and ties.

It was from a tux shop that was selling some off. He bought it for our DS's wedding and wore it for two cruises so far and the third in 3 weeks. What a bargain! It is 100% wool Ralph Lauren classic tux, basically timeless! :D

• 5 months later...

Here's a testament to the search function! No need to start a new topic!

As far as tux rentals go, does Carnival still offer this service, specifically on the Victory?

And from a truly vain point of view, are the tuxes decent, or will everyone else be looking at me and snickering because I'm renting a ghetto tux from Carnival?

I worked for a tuxedo rental store and we did measurements quite a bit for non-customers. It doesn't take very long and they shouldn't charge you for it.

by the time u rent the tux the shoes the cufflinks and all else that u will need u can buy one for the same or less money .im from san diego and we have a mens warehouse store i bought a full 4 botton suit for 40 less then it would of cost to rent.look around your town u should be plesently surprised................

We rent a tux on board every year for my son who is still growing. When he stops, we'll buy him one. If you don't want to look like you're wearing a stock tux, order a different vest or different color cumberbund. Even though we rent for my son, we did buy a red cumberbund and bow tie that he brings along eah year just for a different look.

I have a few very nice suits. But on my last crusie I rented a Tux. Will rent a Tux from now on. Why because now I do not have to bring a garment bag to just for my suit 1 less piece of luggage and I dont need to Iron pants and shirts which always seem to get rinkled no matter how careful it gets packed. For me the convinence far out ways the cost I also rent shoes :) .

are the tuxes decent, or will everyone else be looking at me and snickering because I'm renting a ghetto tux from Carnival?

I was wondering the same thing. Are they wool? Super 120s? Brand name designers? This info is not included on Carnival's "Gifts" page and I keep forgetting to phone them during business hours!

Gonz, I noticed that they only carry wing collar shirts so you if you prefer spread collar (the classic pairing for shawl collar jackets) you would still have to bring your own. Also, they don't offer the peaked lapel jackets, if you prefer that classic style.

It looks like some of the accessories are by designer names so it's possible that the tux is a designer label. I don't know if that's something they'd specify since there's only one choice (unless you count the dinner jacket).

I was wondering the same thing. Are they wool? Super 120s? Brand name designers? This info is not included on Carnival's "Gifts" page and I keep forgetting to phone them during business hours!

I finally called Carnival and found out the tuxedos are by After Six and are "100% tropical wool". The sales rep didn't mention anything about the quality of the wool - we'll have to rely on past renters for that info!

Funny this thread came up, I called Carnival's formal hot line yesterday to make sure I understood what I needed to do and how it worked.

Big D is exactly right.

I have the form printed out and I am going to take it to a local formal shop this week to get my measurments and then just fax it in ( or phone it in )

There will be a claim check in your stateroom to pick it up at the aparrel shop on board, and just return it on the last sea day.

Better than packing formal wear for me :D

Archived