New to Celebrity - Drink Package Question

geoburm

Going on our first Celebrity cruise (Eclipse) in November '12 and have done some research on the drink packages. Just wondering, not a real big drinker, but, I do like my beer and occasional mixed and frozen drink and do like to try new drinks. Question: For beer, can I get a number of beers at a time cuz I like to have beers in the room in the fridge/cooler for balcony sittings, etc. or is it strictly one at a time, etc. or how does that work? Also, how about sodas, can I get more than one at a time in a can, etc?

Any other help/hints would be greatly appreciated also....trying to decide if I want to get the drink package or not.

One drink at a time, but you could get a beer at one bar and a few minutes later get one at another if you wanted to stockpile a few for your room. If you order too many too fast though you may draw attention to yourself as you might be flagged for suspected "sharing" of beverages, so I wouldn't order them in real rapid succession.

We got the drink package on a trip to Alaska It's so worth it. I wish Princess had the same. I used it for beer, wine, and specialty coffees. If you want more beer to put in your frig just go to one bar and get one and then to another and get one. I don't know why more cruise lines don't use this.

It doesnt matter whether you go to one bar and then another. Yes of ourse less chance of being "recognized"

Each time you get a drink it is rung up in the system, even if included in your package. It shoots off to whatis known in the industry as a hidden folio (guest account). I know, i used to install these systems. If they are "looking" for people scamming the system all they do is run a report on each bev card number and it shows the time stamp of every drink. Do they have someone monitoring this 24/7, no. Are they going to say anything based on "reasonable consumption". Probably not. Will they pull the bev cards of people really abusing the system. According to what has been posted in other threads by other people, yes. How pften they do, who knows.

We are a family of 3 Mum Dad and myself (aged 45 so over the drinking age), I roo looked at the drinks packages but couldn't see one that suited us, Mum drinks wine and cocktails, Dad beer mainly, but wine with dinner and myself who drinks beer, some non alcholic cocktails and frozen drinks and coffee (cappucino).

It's a shame they don't do a sharing package.

Depends on the package you order but when it's in the package, yes, it's a can.

They are in cans?? Wonderful. We are looking forward to our first Celebrity cruise next May on Solstice. To be able to get a can beverage would be a nice change from having to get a fountain drink like we do on RCCL. On the way back to the room we always stop by and get a drink, no ice, for the evening before we retire to bed. That way we have somehting during the night and first thing in the morning. Wonderful news.

They are in cans?? Wonderful. We are looking forward to our first Celebrity cruise next May on Solstice. To be able to get a can beverage would be a nice change from having to get a fountain drink like we do on RCCL. On the way back to the room we always stop by and get a drink, no ice, for the evening before we retire to bed. That way we have somehting during the night and first thing in the morning. Wonderful news.

Indeed they are. They will give you a glass with ice if you want one. I prefer getting the can too, sometimes fountains get iffy depending on the mixture of syrup to carbonated water.

Someone on another thread mentioned that the coke they had was from europe and made with cane sugar -- i'll have to pay more attention next month - i never looked at mine last year on the Equinox.

I had the Classic Alcohol package on my last cruise on the Eclipse. To be honest I don't think that I really saved any money over the 16 night cruise. But I think if I had the Classis non alcoholic package as like the wife it would have been more cost effective. We've booked the Eclipse for next year and I won't be purchasing an alcohol package as I probably won't be drinking any more than 3 or 4 alcoholic drinks per day.

The other option if you don't go for the package would be to buy a bucket of beer on deck and take them back to your room. On the Equinox earlier this year they had an ongoing special buy 5 get 6 beer. Worked out cheaper than the drink package for me.

What about beer, do they open the bottle or can before they hand it over? I was wondering if I could stash a few in my room to enjoy on the balcony without having to go and run off to a bar?

The other option if you don't go for the package would be to buy a bucket of beer on deck and take them back to your room. On the Equinox earlier this year they had an ongoing special buy 5 get 6 beer. Worked out cheaper than the drink package for me.

Was it only for certain varieties of beer or could you get whatever type of beer you wanted? I'm a Stella Artois person (used to be that one of the highlights of visiting Europe was to be able to drink it, before they started selling it in the US!) Also, I'm assuming they don't open them all when you buy them, right, so that you can store them in your room fridge and have them over the course of a few days if you want?

Indeed they are. They will give you a glass with ice if you want one. I prefer getting the can too, sometimes fountains get iffy depending on the mixture of syrup to carbonated water.

Someone on another thread mentioned that the coke they had was from europe and made with cane sugar -- i'll have to pay more attention next month - i never looked at mine last year on the Equinox.

On Silhouette this Summer, the Coke was from Tunisia, Spain, and South Africa - all with cane sugar. The South African Coke had a yellow border on the top that said something like "for cruise ship or airline consumption only". The Fanta, however, was not the European kind (less orange, more bitter, more better) but the North American bright-orange, orange-candy-tasting kind. I started noticing these things a couple of years ago when my two sons expressed a special liking for cane sugar Mexican Coke and now-gone Dublin Dr. Pepper.

From past experience, I know that when you buy a bucket, they wont open them. It's not a problem to keep the bucket in your room and ask the steward to add ice.

I asked my original question because I wondered if the bartenders have a rule regarding the opening of beer containers sold by the unit.

Was it only for certain varieties of beer or could you get whatever type of beer you wanted? I'm a Stella Artois person (used to be that one of the highlights of visiting Europe was to be able to drink it, before they started selling it in the US!) Also, I'm assuming they don't open them all when you buy them, right, so that you can store them in your room fridge and have them over the course of a few days if you want?

Hi:

Stella Artois is considered a premium beer, $6 + tip and Yes, you can buy the "bucket" (6 for the price of 5) for most beers, for Stella, a bucket would cost you $30 + tip(15%).

I had the premium alcohol package and Stella was the only beer that I drank.

Have a great cruise:

From past experience, I know that when you buy a bucket, they wont open them. It's not a problem to keep the bucket in your room and ask the steward to add ice.

I asked my original question because I wondered if the bartenders have a rule regarding the opening of beer containers sold by the unit.

Yes, if you purchase a single beer, whether with or without a beverage package, you can ask them not to open it for you in order for you to bring it to your cabin.

Archived