Oasis observations from Sept. 8 cruise

39august

Yes, the ship did indeed "sway" a bit. Much more than I had thought it would. No worries to us tho'. This was a nearly perfect cruise! The food was outstanding in the MDR and WJ. The new menus are a hit. The tenderloin on first formal night and the petite filet on the "Surf and Turf" dinner were both as good as we have had in specialty restaurants! Nice big lobster tails on second formal night. Lots of variety in WJ at lunch. Found Solarium Bistro food to be hit or miss for our tastes, but a nice option nevertheless. Service was all top notch. As many have noted breakfast and lunch in the CL is a very nice perk! No crowds! The Solarium is huge and was never crowded when I was there. "Hairspray" was outstanding and I enjoyed other shows as well. Except for the Aqua show. It was so boring and the costumes so cheesy, I walked out and went for a ride on the carasel instead. A couple I met in the CL agreed with my opinion and said the diving show on Allure was far and away a totally different experience! Loved the elegant decor of the entire ship and the new colors and furniture in our Grand Suite. The Rising Tide bar is fun! Other than disappointment with the diving show, the only other let-down was the roast beef sandwiches in Park Cafe....waaaay too salty for me. But I did enjoy the panini I got on another day. However, Park Cafe was always very crowded, even at 2:30 PM. We agreed that tho' this was a wonderful experience, unless we found a very good deal, (not expecting to) like we got on this cruise, we would not spend the extra price to book either of the big girls again. Love my Mariner, Navigator and Freedom/Liberty!

Archived