Ecolobus Quebec City

purduemom1

We will be in Quebec City the end of Oct., staying in the old part of the city. I do not read French and cannot get any information about the Ecolobus.

Does it run on the weekends and does it run into the evening (up to 9 PM). On average, how frequent are the buses?. I found a route map on the RTC site and it shows stops but that is the only info I have. I am hoping that someone will have current info to share. Thanks.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi ! First post here :)

I live in Qc city, and if I can give you any advice it is : get a plan B in case the Ecolobus is full. It is very small and sometimes you just cannot get in. I tried to use it last October and I had to take circuit 1 instead (for 3$ which is the standard fare for the ''regular'' city buses). It was not high season but there were 2 cruise ships on dock so maybe it had to do with it ;) Anyway I chatted with nice cruisers at the bus stop :)

Hope you enjoy your stay !

• 1 month later...

I was in this beautiful city last October. We stayed in the old town. Don't miss Paillards, a wonderful bakery/deli. The croissants are wonderful. The E-bus runs right past it. As another poster noted, the E-bus is very small and holds maybe 8 or 9 people. One thing to note is that even if you are by an E-bus stop, the bus will not stop unless you flag it down. We learned that the hard way. It is a wonderful place to visit and the language barrier was not as difficult as I expected.

• 7 months later...
Hi ! First post here :)

I live in Qc city, and if I can give you any advice it is : get a plan B in case the Ecolobus is full. It is very small and sometimes you just cannot get in. I tried to use it last October and I had to take circuit 1 instead (for 3$ which is the standard fare for the ''regular'' city buses). It was not high season but there were 2 cruise ships on dock so maybe it had to do with it ;) Anyway I chatted with nice cruisers at the bus stop :)

Hope you enjoy your stay !

August 2013: Is the Ecolobus fare still $1.00?

Archived