Concordia Disaster on CNN Again

MrPete

Looks like a different one from those I've previously seen, but the story is the same

it was exactly the same as previously aired...

and as poorly produced. i found it kinda funny when they were lamenting how large the 'new' cruise ships have become, which extenuates evacuation, only to show majesty of the seas and a fantasy class carnival ship. lol.

still a good watch but could have been better.

I hadn't seen this one, and I thought I saw them all.

Will have to watch again, as Rockefella made a statement that took me back, and I want to look further into:

Carnival or the cruise industry made 13 billion dollars in 2011, and paid 0 in taxes?

I thought this was a Carnival Cruise fourm??? Go to Costa Cruise fourm:)

Perhaps you can point out the Carnival Corp forum.

But rest assured, there was plenty on Carnival Cruise footage represented, included Carnival safety and the Ecstacy fire footage.

I had not seen this show, somehow missed all previous presentations.

What was made clear, was the crew wouldn't open the lifeboats. Their training was NOT to make them accessable till the command came from the captain. So many previous interviews stated the crew didn't know what to do.

I'm sure there will be some who will not cruise again, the fear will remain. There was a family of 4 interviewed, stated they will not step foot on another cruiseship till changes are made across the cruise industry. We know the drills are now being done before sailings. What other changes can this family expect? Concordia was a unique manmade incident that should not have happened, agree.

I had not seen this show, somehow missed all previous presentations.

What was made clear, was the crew wouldn't open the lifeboats. Their training was NOT to make them accessable till the command came from the captain. So many previous interviews stated the crew didn't know what to do.

I'm sure there will be some who will not cruise again, the fear will remain. There was a family of 4 interviewed, stated they will not step foot on another cruiseship till changes are made across the cruise industry. We know the drills are now being done before sailings. What other changes can this family expect? Concordia was a unique manmade incident that should not have happened, agree.

What this all opened my eyes to, seeing this family interviewed on a couple of different shows, is what I thought was a given. That the boat at my muster station has a seat FOR ME AND MY FAMILY.

No one has yet confirmed this to be true or not, even in the world of opinion.

It's made me think twice, previously thinking I was pretty comfortable with muster procedures. I'm not so sure any more.

What this all opened my eyes to, seeing this family interviewed on a couple of different shows, is what I thought was a given. That the boat at my muster station has a seat FOR ME AND MY FAMILY.

No one has yet confirmed this to be true or not, even in the world of opinion.

It's made me think twice, previously thinking I was pretty comfortable with muster procedures. I'm not so sure any more.

My outlook on muster has changed too. The first thing I do is check that cabin door for my muster station, not wait and wonder. I attend. What would I do in an event like this, who knows. I know I won't go back to my cabin (I'm usually on Riviera), but grab a jacket off a deck. My mental list goes on. Would it help? Who knows, but no more taking things for granted.

When flying, I also take extra precautions. No clothing that's of synthetic materials (they melt and burn), I count my rows to the escape doors in case of smoke or power outage.

None of the above is a sure thing, but I can try.

My outlook on muster has changed too. The first thing I do is check that cabin door for my muster station, not wait and wonder. I attend. What would I do in an event like this, who knows. I know I won't go back to my cabin (I'm usually on Riviera), but grab a jacket off a deck. My mental list goes on. Would it help? Who knows, but no more taking things for granted.

When flying, I also take extra precautions. No clothing that's of synthetic materials (they melt and burn), I count my rows to the escape doors in case of smoke or power outage.

None of the above is a sure thing, but I can try.

I was on the Star Princess when she burned. I still enjoy cruising despite the event but Muster is seen in a different light.

Archived