Washing/Drying Machines on the Wonder

kdn hawaii

How long are the washing and drying cycles on the Wonder? Where are they located on the ships? How much do they cost? Is it safe to leave your laundry unattended? Any feedback would be appreciated. We've always sent our laundry out for cleaning, so we're not familiar with onboard washing/drying machines. Thank you!

How long are the washing and drying cycles on the Wonder? Where are they located on the ships? How much do they cost? Is it safe to leave your laundry unattended? Any feedback would be appreciated. We've always sent our laundry out for cleaning, so we're not familiar with onboard washing/drying machines. Thank you!

I believe the cycles were about 45 minutes long (each).

Locations: Deck 2 - port side across from 2096

Deck 6 - starboard side across from 6588

Deck 7 - starboard side across from 7590

Yes, you can put your laundry in and start your cycle. PLEASE return early enough to take the laundry out when completed. Yes, people just leave their stuff sitting in the machines, and it's really a problem when a lot of people want to use them (do you take stuff out and lay it aside?, do you want anyone else touching your stuff?, what if it's wet and it gets knocked to the floor as there really isn't a folding table there, just the ironing board).

You use your KTTW card for the machines (including the soap machine). It's $2.00 to wash, and $2.00 to dry (except on our Wonder MR cruises, it was $1.00), and $1.00 for soap. When swiping the card, be patient, it takes sometimes up to a minute for the "processing" to go away and let you know it's OK to start the machine.

Another tip, don't try to use the laundry room (or "just the iron") on formal/semi-formal/pirate night. Everyone thinks that the perfect time to do their laundry. Best times - early in the morning, during dinner (put in before going to MDR and just pop back to switch to dryer at appropriate time).

:)

I believe the cycles were about 45 minutes long (each).

Locations: Deck 2 - port side across from 2096

Yes, you can put your laundry in and start your cycle. PLEASE return early enough to take the laundry out when completed. Yes, people just leave their stuff sitting in the machines, and it's really a problem when a lot of people want to use them (do you take stuff out and lay it aside?, do you want anyone else touching your stuff?, what if it's wet and it gets knocked to the floor as there really isn't a folding table there, just the ironing board).

You use your KTTW card for the machines (including the soap machine). It's $2.00 to wash, and $2.00 to dry (except on our Wonder MR cruises, it was $1.00), and $1.00 for soap. When swiping the card, be patient, it takes sometimes up to a minute for the "processing" to go away and let you know it's OK to start the machine.

Another tip, don't try to use the laundry room (or "just the iron") on formal/semi-formal/pirate night. Everyone thinks that the perfect time to do their laundry. Best times - early in the morning, during dinner (put in before going to MDR and just pop back to switch to dryer at appropriate time).

thanks for the info! is the laundry room open 24/7? how many on each of the floors? can we use our own detergent?

thanks for the info! is the laundry room open 24/7? how many on each of the floors? can we use our own detergent?

AFAIK, the laundry is open 24/7, however, if the neighbors complain about noise, they will shut them at night - it's happened.

Deck 2 - port side across from 2096

Those are the locations for the laundry rooms. One each on decks 2, 6, & 7. I know the one on deck 2 has 4 washers & 4 dryers and 2 irons. I don't know for sure what the others have, but I think they are a bit larger.

Yes, you can bring your own detergent.

AFAIK, the laundry is open 24/7, however, if the neighbors complain about noise, they will shut them at night - it's happened.

Deck 2 - port side across from 2096

Those are the locations for the laundry rooms. One each on decks 2, 6, & 7. I know the one on deck 2 has 4 washers & 4 dryers and 2 irons. I don't know for sure what the others have, but I think they are a bit larger.

Yes, you can bring your own detergent.

thank you for the info!

Why start washing your clothes now? The ship has a wonderful laundry service and you can enjoying the ship instead of being in the laundromat!

i want to use my own detergent for my infant's laundry and i don't really want someone else touching his laundry. i plan to do it only once during our trip... hopefully

Archived