October Sailing

Rottweiler Puppy

I might be able to get a house sitter in case of storms.

Anyway I want o take my girlfriend on another cruise for her birthday (Oct) and was wondering how an Eastern Carrib would be in October? We never sail this time of year due to Hurricane season but we shold be able to haev the house watched while we are gone.

Also what are my chances of getting early or YTD? If its late seating we are not interested in booking. Any way I can find out whats left?

We are on the Glory Oct 22.

Late Dining is the only option available for our cruise- early & ytd are waitlisted.

How do you find out what dining is available? Last few times we didn't know until we booked and got lucky with YTD but we booked 5 months out. If I book and they say only late is available can I cancel immediately without penalty. Hopefully we can find out without having to even go through the booking process.

We don't eat late and HATE the buffet slop.

AWWW Cmon Army cant handle the high Seas:eek: Should I throw a little sand on it;)

Im playing...... but do a dummy booking for your cruise and it will show what is available for dinig times

We sail every year in Sept. or Oct. because this encompasses both of our birthdays and our wedding anniversary.

Most often we get lucky but it is still hurricane season so we are taking a chance. We cruise at least twice a year so if there are any ports we really don't want to miss, we make certain those are on our spring sailing. In the fall we dedicate our cruise time to together time (and we never take guests on this one) so even if we miss or change a port, we have still met our objective.

At this late date you will be lucky to get ATD or early dining as those are the two most popular so you might want to confirm this before making the commitment if it will be a real issue for you. I don't like buffets as well and though I wouldn't call them slop, I would just say I don't like serving my food with utinsils that everyone else has handled.

Maybe I am wrong, but weren't you dating someone that worked on a cruise ship? None of my business I suppose as I know with singles things are subject to change more often. I was just surprised that you didn't have a bit more insite when you posed your questions.

I might be able to get a house sitter in case of storms.

Anyway I want o take my girlfriend on another cruise for her birthday (Oct) and was wondering how an Eastern Carrib would be in October? We never sail this time of year due to Hurricane season but we shold be able to haev the house watched while we are gone.

Also what are my chances of getting early or YTD? If its late seating we are not interested in booking. Any way I can find out whats left?

We did the Destiny's 5-day Eastern 2 years ago in mid-October and did NOT have good weather. We made all our ports but storms cancelled ALL of our excursions and wiped out evening activities on-deck. Worst cruise ever...you just can't predict mother nature.

How are the seas and weather?

From the chatter on the storm boards, the weather has been the worst for hurricane formation in years. They aren't ruling out more storms. But, the weather just isn't conducive to spinning up big storms this year. (I'll say that and we'll get a nice cat 5 from invest 92l, lol.)

We are sailing in three weeks... (Magic, booked two weeks ago, right after getting off the Liberty... And, got YTD.) I had no hesitations about booking...

We're doing Freedom end of October. Twice, we've cruised end of September, but this year decided on end of October (thought it would be less chance of hurricane). We'll see how it goes!

I would go for it. You may be rerouted or change itineraries, but it sill would be a good time!

We also only cruise late Oct. We've had rough weather a couple of times, most recently last year on the Pride. It was a wild couple of days. Exciting.

Only once did we have our itinerary messed with. We were told we wouldn't be doing 2 ports. We did miss one, but the other was just delayed by a day.

I can only say 'good luck' with your dining wants. It is awfully late.

The weather can be iffy but knock wood, this is our 3rd year sailing in October and so far, no big issues.

To find out if ATD or early dining is still available, you could also hit up some of the roll calls and ask people to check it out for you.

I know on my next cruise, Dream October 27th ATD is still available (early is waitlisted) but it's a Western cruise.

How are the seas and weather?

I prefer sailing in October, as do my parents who are Platinum. The weather has always been great for us. The only bad weather I've ever hit was one night we went through a storm so it was a little rocky on the ship, but nothing too bad.

Go for it and have fun!

How do you find out what dining is available? Last few times we didn't know until we booked and got lucky with YTD but we booked 5 months out. If I book and they say only late is available can I cancel immediately without penalty. Hopefully we can find out without having to even go through the booking process.

We don't eat late and HATE the buffet slop.

I did a mock booking.

I did a mock booking.

Same here, Every time I do a ghost (mock) booking for my ES, you can choose your dinning before putting in payment information, and it will tell you what is available and what is wait listed. For our cruise in Nov Early is wait listed, but ATD and Late is still available.

Archived