Celebrity Balcony Dining Question

cruisedad2

My family is sailing on Celebrity for the first time this winter in the Caribbean. We have been on Princess before, and Princess offers, for a surcharge, an 'Ultimate Balcony Dining' option either for dinner or breakfast. Does Celebrity offer anything similar? (I'm not referring to regular room service, but a fancy breakfast or dinner.) Thanks!

No such package I am aware of, but Celebrity's regular room service menu is quite good compared to most cruise lines. Also, at dinner you can order anything off the main dining room menu (no charge, but a tip is appreciated to the person that delivers the food).

I'm not sure if the fun of dining on your own balcony isn't considerably less if you just have a regular balcony ( with its tiny table) and not one of the oversized ones in Concierge/AQ with more room and a bigger table. I haven't been to a suite , yet, so can't say anything about dining facilities there!

Dinner from the MDR menu is very nice, but it is not served to you. It all comes at one time, but it is very good. It does not include wine, etc, that I think Princess has. We have done this many times, but on larger balcony cabins, with a large table. You just ask your stateroom attendent for the dinner menu and he takes your order. He is usually the one that will arrive with your entire dinner and dessert. He may or may not bring a tablecloth, or help with table setting. We have had some attendents even bring the dessert at a later time as not to ruin it. It all depends on the staff. Keep in mind that they need to travel to, and que up in the galley with all the MDR waitstaff, and carry the heavy dinner plates all the way to your cabin. We have found that they would prefer to schedule your in-room dinner at about the same times as the MDR dinner schedules. What is nice, is that there is no additional charge for this service, as Princess has.

I'm not sure if the fun of dining on your own balcony isn't considerably less if you just have a regular balcony ( with its tiny table) and not one of the oversized ones in Concierge/AQ with more room and a bigger table. I haven't been to a suite , yet, so can't say anything about dining facilities there!

On the Solstice class ships the table on the balcony is the same size regardless of whether you are standard CC or AQ cabin, also there are oversized balconies (angled hump) in standard as well (1a & 2c) more of these than CC or AQ :)

On the Solstice class ships the table on the balcony is the same size regardless of whether you are standard CC or AQ cabin, also there are oversized balconies (angled hump) in standard as well (1a & 2c) more of these than CC or AQ :)

You're right! The bigger tables I remember to have had were on "Constellation" and "Millenium" in Concierge cabins. I also have a vague recollection of being in one of the hump cabins with the huge balconies on "Solstice" and it had a bigger table as well - but as it was November and cool to cold we didn't choose to eat on the balcony at all , only sat there sometimes huddled in blankets... The table on our tiny AQ balcony also had only a small table - just possible for one plate and two cups of coffee!

This sounds wonderful. We have early seating for our 14 night Eclipse cruise. Maybe 1 night we will have dinner on our balcony while leaving port. Sounds wonderful! I didn't know we could order from the dinner menu.

Hi Debbie. Yes, you can order from the menu. If you order wine with it you will have to pay whatever the rate is. The drink package is no good for room service. This includes any special coffees that you order too but if you order regular coffee and teas then they are free. If your Room Steward delivers then you can tip extra at the end of the cruise or when you get your dinner (up to you). Have a nice dinner on your balcony I do this at least once a trip (I'm on for 28 days this time).

You're right! The bigger tables I remember to have had were on "Constellation" and "Millenium" in Concierge cabins. I also have a vague recollection of being in one of the hump cabins with the huge balconies on "Solstice" and it had a bigger table as well - but as it was November and cool to cold we didn't choose to eat on the balcony at all , only sat there sometimes huddled in blankets... The table on our tiny AQ balcony also had only a small table - just possible for one plate and two cups of coffee!

Tables are bigger on M-class ships in CC or Aqua class, but the balcony size is the same as standard rooms.

On M-class ships the C1 cabins and the aft aqua class cabins have the bigger balconies.

The balcony size can vary for other categories because there are also a number of cabins with larger balconies at various other locations around the ship.

An example would be the often-discussed sweet 16s, but they do not have the larger, dining height tables.

Archived