How long have you waited for a 'guarantee' assignment & what kind of cabin?

SnappyNappi

[quote name='Starry Eyes']My cabin assignment came today. I could barely believe my eyes when I saw it. We got a Crown Loft Suite (L1):D. Certainly the nicest cabin we have ever had. Royal Caribbean, thank you for the upgrade.

Per ship rider's suggestion, here is my summary:

We upgraded to a W (JS gty) about 60 days before our November cruise on Oasis. We were assigned an L1 eleven days before the cruise.[/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=black]Awesome![/COLOR][/FONT]

[quote name='Starry Eyes']My cabin assignment came today. I could barely believe my eyes when I saw it. We got a Crown Loft Suite (L1):D. Certainly the nicest cabin we have ever had. Royal Caribbean, thank you for the upgrade.

We upgraded to a W (JS gty) about 60 days before our November cruise on Oasis. We were assigned an L1 eleven days before the cruise.[/QUOTE]

:):):):) yehhhhhhhhhh, so happy for you. Been watching everytime this thread gets bumped up.

Now just need to see if Penny will be as lucky. Some day I hope to get that upgrade. Right now I am counting down to my first aft!! Just 11 days!!

Just upgraded to a Category W on the 11/29 Jewel Sailing for $529. I let go of E1 cabin 8102, oversized balcony next to the elevator. 30 days until sailing. 2 OS, 5 GS and 7 JSs available. Both obstructed view JS are still in play, but I don't care at all. The extra C&A points will put us at Diamond for our Radiance sailing in Alaska, after we finish the Brilliance in March. We would have had to wait until after Alasks other wise. Hey, that's an extra $100 discount on the Radiance cruise :)

Will keep you posted on what I get!

[quote name='sr4mjc']Just upgraded to a Category W on the 11/29 Jewel Sailing for $529. I let go of E1 cabin 8102, oversized balcony next to the elevator. 30 days until sailing. 2 OS, 5 GS and 7 JSs available. Both obstructed view JS are still in play, but I don't care at all. The extra C&A points will put us at Diamond for our Radiance sailing in Alaska, after we finish the Brilliance in March. We would have had to wait until after Alasks other wise. Hey, that's an extra $100 discount on the Radiance cruise :)

Will keep you posted on what I get![/quote]
Ah, the D balcony dicount is nice...plus you gain Diamond Lounge access on your Alaska cruise. I enjoyed the new Diamond lounge on Radiance with nice views and a coffee machine. The walls do not reach all the way to the ceiling, so some CC members complained of smoke or noise; neither was an issue for me. If you enjoy cocktails, you will save some more money and meet other D cruisers. It sounds like you made a good deal. Do let update us when you get your assignment.

[quote name='Starry Eyes']My cabin assignment came today. I could barely believe my eyes when I saw it. We got a Crown Loft Suite (L2):D. Certainly the nicest cabin we have ever had. Royal Caribbean, thank you for the upgrade.

We upgraded to a W (JS gty) about 60 days before our November cruise on Oasis. We were assigned an L2 eleven days before the cruise.

Edit: Oops...I had to make a correction, it is an L2.[/QUOTE]

Congratulations! That's a great assignment. Enjoy your cruise.

[quote name='Starry Eyes']My cabin assignment came today. I could barely believe my eyes when I saw it. We got a Crown Loft Suite (L2):D. Certainly the nicest cabin we have ever had. Royal Caribbean, thank you for the upgrade.

We upgraded to a W (JS gty) about 60 days before our November cruise on Oasis. We were assigned an L2 eleven days before the cruise.

Edit: Oops...I had to make a correction, it is an L2.[/QUOTE]

Woo hoo! That's awesome! I hope Penny got the same and is doing ok after the hurricane!

Oh, in case I wasn't clear in my excitement , the category W price was $529pp for a 4 night sailing. I had booked the E1 when it was super cheap at $299, so it was $230pp to upgrade. I figure I can't actually do another 4 night sailing that cheap (not a balcony anyway) so why not :). It's still $50 a night cheaper than the price of my D2 on the Radiance!

I'm very much looking forward to the new Radiance and Diamond lounge. We sailed her in 2007 and I'm sure she's just stunning now.

Congratulations to those with a Crown Loft Suite assignments! Got a chance to peek in one a few years ago and they are gorgeous.

OMG!!!! Wendy... It sounds like we will be neighbors for the week on the beautiful Oasis!!!!!

Like Starry Eyes, I 'upgraded' to the Category W deluxe guarantee about 55 days before our Oasis sailing on Nov. 10th.... We are 11 days out and I got our assignment today --- a Category L2 Crown Loft Suite overlooking the back of the ship almost center. I am incredibly thrilled and had to let everyone on this thread know how it turned out. It is better that I had believed I would get for a guarantee assignment. I think I am still in shock.

I am in North Jersey and our area was hit by Sandy hard yesterday and last night. It was a very long night. I still have no power but am checking in on my cellular service, which is horrible today as the cell towers are all out of service here as well. Luckily we had no major damage to our house or property and my family is all safe and sound. We are truly blessed.

I will be checking in again as soon as we have power restored... It looks like others have gotten assignments in the last few days and I will need to catch up... Thanks for the positive thoughts - apparently they worked!

Well done to the both of u on your Crown Loft Suites!! So jealous, getting a suite is something i can only dream of! We can only just afford an inside cabin at a push!!
So Penny and Wendy, are u both on the same cruise or on a different one?

Sorry, me again!
I've been checking out prices for the Liberty for the summer and no GTY's seem to be available for any types of rooms on the 3 dates i checked! is this right? Will any GTY rooms be available at a later date? I'm sure my room was a GTY last time so don't think its a case of the UK don't issue them...

Went with the neighborhood balcony stateroom guarantee for a cruise on the Oasis Nov. 3, 2012. (Booked in Aug. 2012). Looks like I will beat you guys by a week and I will make sure I will eat all the food...KIDDING.

Took about a month but was assigned a Boardwalk View with Balcolny room on deck 8 toward the back of the boat. With the $200 Diamond discount it was a must do.

Hope for a great Gty room for you!

Congratulations Penny and Wendy! I am so glad for the both of you and it is amazing you both pulled it off.

My best wishes for a speedy recovery for everyone. My family in West Virginia is out of power and in a blizzard.

And I once was worried about hurricanes and moving to Florida! My family has had more up there than I have over the last 27 years. The Lord Jesus has been good to me. Please keep all who are suffering in your prayers!

Went with the neighborhood balcony stateroom guarantee for a cruise on the Oasis Nov. 3, 2012. (Booked in Aug. 2012). Looks like I will beat you guys by a week and I will make sure I will eat all the food...KIDDING.

Took about a month but was assigned a Boardwalk View with Balcolny room on deck 8 toward the back of the boat. With the $200 Diamond discount it was a must do.

Hope for a great Gty room for you!

that sounds like a good assignment. Great for people watching and aqua theater viewing. easy walk to central park.

Try to keep the ship in good shape for us and have a great time.

It sounds like we will be neighbors for the week on the beautiful Oasis!!!!! Like Starry Eyes, I 'upgraded' to the Category W deluxe guarantee about 55 days before our Oasis sailing on Nov. 10th.... We are 11 days out and I got our assignment today --- a Category L2 Crown Loft Suite overlooking the back of the ship almost center. I am incredibly thrilled and had to let everyone on this thread know how it turned out. It is better that I had believed I would get for a guarantee assignment. I think I am still in shock.I am in North Jersey and our area was hit by Sandy hard yesterday and last night. It was a very long night. I still have no power but am checking in on my cellular service, which is horrible today as the cell towers are all out of service here as well. Luckily we had no major damage to our house or property and my family is all safe and sound. We are truly blessed. I will be checking in again as soon as we have power restored...

Wow, you also got a crown loft...awesome! We must be neighbors or very close. Mike and I have the center L2.

Are you still keeping the secret from your DH? I'd burst if I tried to keep it secret today.

Glad the family is well. Stay safe.

My cabin assignment came today. I could barely believe my eyes when I saw it. We got a Crown Loft Suite (L2):D. Certainly the nicest cabin we have ever had. Royal Caribbean, thank you for the upgrade.

Edit: Oops...I had to make a correction, it is an L2.

Wonderful, now I am going to watch for you review!

OMG!!!! Wendy... It sounds like we will be neighbors for the week on the beautiful Oasis!!!!!

Like Starry Eyes, I 'upgraded' to the Category W deluxe guarantee about 55 days before our Oasis sailing on Nov. 10th.... We are 11 days out and I got our assignment today --- a Category L2 Crown Loft Suite overlooking the back of the ship almost center. I am incredibly thrilled and had to let everyone on this thread know how it turned out. It is better that I had believed I would get for a guarantee assignment. I think I am still in shock.

I am in North Jersey and our area was hit by Sandy hard yesterday and last night. It was a very long night. I still have no power but am checking in on my cellular service, which is horrible today as the cell towers are all out of service here as well. Luckily we had no major damage to our house or property and my family is all safe and sound. We are truly blessed.

I will be checking in again as soon as we have power restored... It looks like others have gotten assignments in the last few days and I will need to catch up... Thanks for the positive thoughts - apparently they worked!

Worth the wait! Enjoy your cruise!

Yay penny, so glad you also got an upgrade. Enjoy!!

Glad to know you are safe and sound.

Great Thread! and congrats to the folks that got the CL! I just upgraded our Jan cruise to X gty today (we were previously OV). It was just a little more than I booked the OV for, but worth it to get the balcony. I just hope we don't end up with a noisy cabin but as I've learned here, we can call and request a change if it doesn't look good.

I never even knew about the W gty - something to look for in the future :)

Great Thread! and congrats to the folks that got the CL! I just upgraded our Jan cruise to X gty today (we were previously OV). It was just a little more than I booked the OV for, but worth it to get the balcony. I just hope we don't end up with a noisy cabin but as I've learned here, we can call and request a change if it doesn't look good.

I never even knew about the W gty - something to look for in the future :)

Which ship are you sailing? I cannot think off hand of a Royal Caribbean balcony that would not be way preferrable to the OV. You made a smart move.

I have booked X a few times, and have gotten decent to excellent assignments. That Royal Caribbean allows switches within the category, space available, is very nice. Fingers crossed that you get a great assignment, too.

Now enjoy the anticipation... Your assignment could come tomorrow. Or you may wait weeks.

Archived