When to Rent a Cabana??

pepsicruiser

Is renting a cabana at Castaway Cay considered an excursion/activity where you have to wait a certain amount of days before you depart to reserve it? ty

Booking cabanas is part of the excursion/adult dining/etc reservation process. You can't book a cabana until your excursion window opens. I will point out that, if you are a first time cruiser, chances are slim you will get one. There aren't many and they tend to go pretty quickly once the Concierge/Platinum CC window opens.

:)

Honestly, I've read that most Cabanas disapear within 24 hours of the concierge/platinum window opening up which is at 120 days before the cruise. This is actually the main reason we booked concierge.

Having said that, I've read where people have checked it everyday and manage to get one when someone cancels. Doesn't look like it happens often but maybe you will luck out.

That's what I was afraid of. I am doing a back to back end of Jan/begining of Feb so I wonder if Disney would consider me a return guest for 2nd half sailing and let me order sooner (lol) but I doubt it. Will just have to wait and see. Tks for info

No, you're not considered a returning cruiser until you have completed your first cruise. So, you will be silver on the second leg of your B2B, but you won't be able to book at 90 days (instead of 75). You will get the returning cruiser gift in your room on the second leg.

But, you might have a little more "senority" while onboard, being able to be at the Port Adventures desk when they open on the second leg gives you the advantage of being first on the waiting list.

Another hint, keep checking, all the way up to embarkation day, sometimes people cancel their cabana reservations at the last minute (and I mean LAST minute).

:)

• 1 month later...

Archived