Lawn Club questions

CaroleSS

Does anyone know if you can use the Lawn Club and not eat at the Grill? Would there still be a charge? Any idea what that would be? We are sailing on the Reflection, but I doubt that matters.

We would like to just sit on the lawn or play putt-putt, bocce, croquette,etc, but aren't really interested in eating at the grill. Also, does anyone know the price of the wine/cheese? We'll more than likely have the alcohol package. Will the two combine?

What about picnic baskets? What do they cost?

Does anyone know if you can use the Lawn Club and not eat at the Grill? Would there still be a charge? Any idea what that would be? We are sailing on the Reflection, but I doubt that matters.

We would like to just sit on the lawn or play putt-putt, bocce, croquette,etc, but aren't really interested in eating at the grill. Also, does anyone know the price of the wine/cheese? We'll more than likely have the alcohol package. Will the two combine?

What about picnic baskets? What do they cost?

Carole, the lawn is for everyone. The restaurant sits at the edge of the lawn and enjoys the view of it, that's all. It's your choice if you want to eat there or not but irregardless the lawn is yours to sit on, play on, lay on (it's a great spot for suntanning that's a lot more quiet than the pool area :D). There are usually a few wine and cheese tastings and the cost runs $20-25 per person. It's my understanding that it's an extra even if you buy the beverage package. We went to two wine tasting picnics on the lawn when we sailed the Solstice. Wonderful experience! Blankets are laid out for you and a cheese plate is brought over. We devoured ours and then went downstairs to the Ocean View Cafe and brought up a plate of sushi to drink with our second glass of wine. Your sommelier will tell you when the wine tastings are available. Book through him or her since they get credit if you do. We really liked playing bocce ball up on the lawn in the evening before the production show. We almost always had it to ourselves at that time of night so it was nice.

What a great idea - sushi and wine! I'm looking forward to sitting on a blanket eating sushi/cheese, wine in hand and watching the world go by! It just doesn't get any better than that!

I'm sure the sommelier and I will become good friends. I'd like to have a wine-pairing with dinner and I know they will bring me some great wines!

Thanks dln!! :)

There are comfortable chairs placed in pairs with a table between along the sides. Nice views of the water. I enjoy just sitting there reading. The Port side allows smoking so that might be a deal breaker for some. The Starboard side is no smoking.

There are comfortable chairs placed in pairs with a table between along the sides. Nice views of the water. I enjoy just sitting there reading. The Port side allows smoking so that might be a deal breaker for some. The Starboard side is no smoking.

WOW, did that change that? Smoking on the S-Class on Deck 15, including pipes & cigars, used to be only back aft at the Sunset Bar on the Starboard side only.

WOW, did that change that? Smoking on the S-Class on Deck 15, including pipes & cigars, used to be only back aft at the Sunset Bar on the Starboard side only.

I've noticed that for some time. They have ash trays on the tables if that helps. Doesn't help me :(

I've noticed that for some time. They have ash trays on the tables if that helps. Doesn't help me :(

Yes, but they were always on the Starboard side at the Sunset Bar. I don't have a problem with them smoking at their table & chairs, but I do object to smoking at the bar area, which is mid-ship back aft.

Archived