YIKES! 7 ships in port?

elektrawmn

Nov 23rd we'll be in Cozumel... Just checked and there will be SEVEN ships docking that day. ...

What is the way you use to check for this?

I did try to look for the ships going to Cozumel, the dates and all, but I got overhelmed with the calculations ... hehe

You did like this?

Reserve your spot ASAP at a place like Nachi Cocom - they limit sales to 100 admisisons per day. Never crowded, always great service, food and drinks -- best $50 or so (plus tips!) you'll spend all week. ;)

http://www.cozumelnachicocom.com/default.cfm

Good luck! :)

Thanks SO much for the info! We booked! :) $55 pp now but still sounds like a great deal!

Thank you for the link. Within the listing of the port, is the "Port Load" indicates the number of passengers including crew will be there ?

Not sure...but in my case I'm thinking 7 ships.. 2000 people each ship.... 14,000 all trying to do the same excursions! :eek: No thanks. LOL

Nov 23rd we'll be in Cozumel... Just checked and there will be SEVEN ships docking that day. Talk about a crowded madhouse!

So what's the best way to go? Cruise excursion? Private tour? Stay in Port? Hide on the ship? LOL

I would book the private driver, and get to the other side of the island for the day.

We have done Coz a couple of times with 7 ships in port and it isn't too bad once you get away from the ship. Downtown San Miguel gets crowded and a few of the close beaches, but if you grab a cab and go to the far end of the island it isn't too bad. Nachi is nice if you book early enough to get in. We did Playa Palancar once and it was nice. We arrived early and the place didn't start to fill up until 10:00 and by 2:00 most of them were gone. We stayed all day. Good food, cold drinks, good service and they had a boat snorkel trip for $35. We had 8 people on it. NICE!

Another option is a trip to the "wildside". Great photo ops and the view from Coconuts is awesome.

Not sure...but in my case I'm thinking 7 ships.. 2000 people each ship.... 14,000 all trying to do the same excursions! :eek: No thanks. LOL

Actually for Nov 23rd CruiseTT has down 23,445 people coming into port. (if everyone gets off the ship and if all those ships in fact show up)

Nov 23rd we'll be in Cozumel... Just checked and there will be SEVEN ships docking that day. Talk about a crowded madhouse!

So what's the best way to go? Cruise excursion? Private tour? Stay in Port? Hide on the ship? LOL

I feel your pain. I see there are 8 ships in port in Nassau during my Breeze cruise in February :eek:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

We have a group of 19 on the Allure and will be there that same day. We usually rent jeeps and cruise around the Island. In the past we have rented from one of the vendors at the end of the pier, but because of the crowd and the size of our group, I am concerned about availability. Anyone know of a jeep rental facility near the pier that we could use to reserve in advance?

Archived